Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
ABO, SCI, SABA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Zambia, United States
I've spent the past few weeks hunting on and off on a lovely property just a few minutes drive from the town of Mtubatuba. The privately owned estate is situated right next to the Umfolozi Bird Park. This is the first year that hunting has been allowed and solely to control animal numbers which have grown at a steady rate thanks to the very healthy and generous grazing. Although all hunting is done by means of fair chase, chances of success is very good as there are very good numbers of Impala, Blue Wildebeest, Zebra, Kudu, Giraffe, Waterbuck and Nyala. Hunting is challenging but there are also a number of waterholes and the rather dense habitat with many palm "islands" interspersed with a myriad of trails criss crossing the landscape enhances the hunters chances of getting within shooting distance of a trophy. The trophy quality of the Impala, Blue Wildebeest and Kudu are especially good thanks to strong genetics.

Resident PH Jabu Kirkland (next to me in the Kudu photo) is a real great guy, friendly, hard working and very eager. He works hard to get his clients onto their animals and his success rate over the past months reflects his hard work ethic.

Two weeks ago I managed to take a beautiful Zebra Stallion at 43 yards, made extra special due to the fact that I had my beautiful wife and 3-month old baby boy with me on the hunt. I had been hunting there again the past two days looking to take a big Blue Wildebeest that has been giving me the run around, when spotting an absolute fantastic Kudu bull. So Jabu and I adjusted our sights to the big bull and spent the rest of the day playing cat and mouse with the very clever and ultra careful bull. The day was also one of the few ones in the field that one can call very unpleasant, with horrific winds, and being soaked to the bone with periodic downpours I finally managed to sneak within 35 yards of this magnificent 56" bull as he stood feeding broadside, late in the afternoon. A double lung shot sealed the deal. Without a shadow of a doubt, the bull of my dreams!

For inquiries please contact:
Jabu Kirkland on 0836356930
or jabukirkland@yahoo.com

025.JPG012.JPG038.JPG

Good looking Kudu. Congrats.

They just don't get to much better looking than that bull!! Congrats!

nice safari and pictures

Complementation on your achievements. Nice memory's for you and your family.

Very well done..:draught::draught:

I would drop a Wildebeest hunt for that Kudu any day.
Good switch and congratulations.

I'll bet you didn't need any scent blocker that day.

Thanks for the hunt report Engee!

Thank you so much guys, a tough yet very rewarding hunt!

Great kudu Engee!
Congratulations on a fine hunt

Really nice kudu! Thanks for the pictures!

Beautiful Kudu! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you guys!

Good job, and the Ph is "Jabu?" typo mabe? just want to make sure if I call:think:

Good job, and the Ph is "Jabu?" typo mabe? just want to make sure if I call:think:

Hi Lammie,

Thanks so much brother! Yep, the resident guide/PH is Jabu "Bradley" Kirkland.

Cheers!

Congrats! Thats on of the nicest kudu bulls I have ever seen.

Congrats and well done.
That Kudu is really nice!

Thank you so much guys! This really is the bull of my dreams! I still have the stupid grin on my face to prove it!

Outstanding Kudu bull...Congrats! and you got to love the Zebra.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg