Website
ljhuntingsafaris.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PHASA
To be honest, I cannot say enough good or positive things about the Safari I had with LJSafaris.

From the incredible size of the properties we hunted, to the amazing quality of animals that called these properties home, to the very comfortable accomodations, to the top notch food that we enjoyed daily. Every aspect of this hunt was well thought out, and every detail was taken care of. I have been on many guided hunts, and this one by far has been the best.

All of the PH's were professional, experienced, and matched perfectly with each hunters personality and needs.

As this was my first Safari to Africa, I did not know exactly what to expect. I had assumptions of course, but I was legitimately blown away how well everyone got along, how everyone seemed to work as one big team to help each other be as successful as we could be.

I will be back to Africa. And I will without a doubt hunt with LJSafaris again.

Thanks.
Steve

IMG-20190701-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20190701-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20190701-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20190701-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20190701-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20190702-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20190704-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20190705-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20190708-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20190708-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20190709-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20190709-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20190709-WA0017.jpg
IMG-20190709-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20190710-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20190710-WA0026.jpg
IMG-20190710-WA0042.jpg
IMG-20190713-WA0026.jpg

Hi Juan and Lauren - good to see you're still getting the good stuff for your clients ... I think back on my hunt with great nostalgia. Richard M

Great trophies! Please give us some stories of how the hunts took place. Thanks and congratulations on a magnificent safari.

Congrats to the hunter, thanks for sharing!

Great trophies nothing can compare to bowhunting

HI Richard, great to hear from you again. Thanks for the comments.

We managed to connect with this stunner on the first morning of Steve's first African Safari.

We started off the morning by glassing a large basin and almost immediately spotted numerous Lechwes. There were quite a few mature bulls around and we worked through them and decided on a bull that was bedded down under an Acacia tree at the base of a small rocky ridge line.

Judging the direction of the wind and the location of the animal we found our best approach would be to work around the back of the ridge and slowly stalk over to get a shot on the bull bedded down on the opposite side.

As we got to the other side of the ridge we bumped another gorgeous bull that was hidden next to thick Acacia at the base of the ridge on the opposite side.

The bull made its way straight up the ridge and we knew that the odds were against us, as this bull would probably alert the bull on the opposite side of the outcrop. We decided to still give it a try regardless.

We decided to move to a lower point of the outcrop, and slowly work our way up diagonally along the side.

We took it very slow, moving from rock to rock to make sure no noise was being made.

Approaching the top of the outcrop, I could make out the tips of a Lechwe bulls horns. We froze and hunkered down to prevent being spotted.

I moved to the rock in front of me and slowly raised myself until I could see the horns clearly.

It was the bull we bumped at the base. He ended up running to the top and was practically feeding towards us at a mere 28 yards.

I dropped down and gave Steve info on the range via hand signals. I moved off to the side and Steve moved into my position.

Peaking through the tall grass that was growing between the boulders, I could see the bull still leisurely feeding slightly towards is.

We knew then that the perfect moment was within our grasp. We just had to be patient. Steve was in position as the bull was feeding.

And then as fate would have it the bull lifted his head and looked in the opposite direction and Steve placed his arrow perfectly behind the shoulder of the beast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross