AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
QDMA, NWTF, NRA
Hunted
South Africa, North America, New Zealand, South America, Europe
Great photos, and impressive trophies! Brings back great memories of our own safari with Limcroma. Thanks for sharing.

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Congrats, great hunt and really nice trophies !

Thanks for sharing.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Thank you for sharing the report! Nice trophies.

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
Looks like some very nice animals. The impala and Gemsbuck are good and heavy. I 'd say that you did very well. Congrats. Bruce

russ_c

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hey- how long is that bushbuck? He looks incredible! I'm assuming you hunted him after dark with a rifle? Can you tell us the story on that? I'm heading to the Limpopo pretty quick and am very interested in getting a bushbuck. Thanks Russ!

Think it was in the 16" range. Hunted him with a rifle in the evening. Was a lot of fun!

russ_c

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Holy crap Russ_c...! You guys cleaned up! What a great hunt! Thanks again for taking the time to post your photos and sharing your experiences with the forum.
Thanks! Like I said before, we had a blast! Can't wait to go again. Limcroma is first class in all aspects of their business operation! Thanks for the advice you provided prior to the hunt!

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
@russ_c congrats on all of your great trophies and a successful hunt! We just finished our first safari with Limcroma back in July. Couldn't agree with you more that they are a top notch outfitter!

russ_c

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
@russ_c congrats on all of your great trophies and a successful hunt! We just finished our first safari with Limcroma back in July. Couldn't agree with you more that they are a top notch outfitter!
Believe I saw your thread prior to my departure! Congrats on the success! We were there from July 24 - August 3rd. Stayed at the old camp.

russ_c

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I posted this earlier in a thread about your favorite African hunting memory. Thought it would be good to post it in the thread about my hunt. This is the story of my Kudu hunt!......

My PH (Henco) and I had been hunting for 3 full days without any success. On the 4th day, the wind was aweful. We had used a brush blind in an area where my target was passing through. As bad luck seemed to be in my corner for the beginning of the safari, the Kudu bull showed up and the wind changed directions. My Kudu did, too! Running from the area as fast as he could. I thought our chances were toast.....

Now to the favorite memory: Henco and I decided to make a new brush blind quickly on the other side of the area the Kudu was passing through in an effort to keep the wind in our face and be able to have a chance at the bull if he passed back through the area. So, we moved about 8-10 round hay bales into a circle, with an opening for me to shoot my bow through. We piled a lot of the brush from the other blind on top of the bales to aid with our cover. ***As a disclaimer, I am from Texas. Round bales are not something you can move around by yourself. That is NOT the case in Africa. Henco and I were moving round bales without issue, by ourselves. Definitely have different grass than we have in Tx! (y)

We got into our hay bale blind for the rest of the evening and about 3-4 hours later, there was the Kudu bull. This time with the wind was in our favor while we sat in our edible blind! After waiting for him to turn, which felt close to an hour or two (probably only 5 minutes) a 17 yard shot was presented, I touched the release and let the German Kinetic fly. After a pass through and a 100 yard track........he was down! Great memory to go along with my #1 all-time bucket list animal, and my first African animal!

The Kudu bull is the one in my avatar pic

Limcroma Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2014
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.limcroma.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
PHASA, SCI, DSC, NRMEF, NWTF, DU, QDMA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana.
Altogether, an amazing experience with outstanding people. Cannot say enough good things about Limcroma and their staff. Can't wait to go back in 2018!

Russ,
It was an absolute pleasure and our privilege to have hosted you and your lovely wife on safari! We had a great time with you both, and we look forward to having you back at camp very soon. Thank you for the wonderful hunting report.

James Cook

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, NRA Life, B.A.S.S., Ducks Unlimted
Hunted
Namibia, Mexico, Argentina, Canada, U.S. - LA, TX, OK, AR, AL, SC, GA, KS
bow is doing it the hard way - congrats!

russ_c

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Russ,
It was an absolute pleasure and our privilege to have hosted you and your lovely wife on safari! We had a great time with you both, and we look forward to having you back at camp very soon. Thank you for the wonderful hunting report.

Thank you! We have dates picked out and cannot wait to get back! Looking forward to visiting with everyone at the Dallas show in January.

Lee M

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa, USA, Canada
Russ. I'm a bow guy as well. What bow do you shot? How about arrow and broadhead?

I need to come back and take a waterbuck, another pig and zebra, a giraffe and a few others with a pointy stick.

russ_c

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Russ. I'm a bow guy as well. What bow do you shot? How about arrow and broadhead?

I need to come back and take a waterbuck, another pig and zebra, a giraffe and a few others with a pointy stick.

Lee,

I shoot a Bowtech Insanity. 29" draw, 73lbs draw weight. Use Easton Axis 300 arrows and 125 grain Slick Trick magnum's or German Kinetic broadheads. Just depends on the game I'm hunting for broadhead selection. Total arrow and broadhead weight is right at 500 grains.

Lee M

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa, USA, Canada
We're same draw and lbs (diamond black ice) and close with arrow. I shot 340 FMJ' and 100 grain slick tricks this last trip but I also shoot 340 Easton axis with 160 gr VPA 3 blade broadheads. Total weight is close to 500 as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emory76C34

Latest profile posts

Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.