SOUTH AFRICA: BOWHUNT: Plains Game Hunt With Limcroma Safaris

Great photos, and impressive trophies! Brings back great memories of our own safari with Limcroma. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats, great hunt and really nice trophies !

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for sharing the report! Nice trophies.

Looks like some very nice animals. The impala and Gemsbuck are good and heavy. I 'd say that you did very well. Congrats. Bruce

Hey- how long is that bushbuck? He looks incredible! I'm assuming you hunted him after dark with a rifle? Can you tell us the story on that? I'm heading to the Limpopo pretty quick and am very interested in getting a bushbuck. Thanks Russ!

Think it was in the 16" range. Hunted him with a rifle in the evening. Was a lot of fun!

Holy crap Russ_c...! You guys cleaned up! What a great hunt! Thanks again for taking the time to post your photos and sharing your experiences with the forum.
Thanks! Like I said before, we had a blast! Can't wait to go again. Limcroma is first class in all aspects of their business operation! Thanks for the advice you provided prior to the hunt!

@russ_c congrats on all of your great trophies and a successful hunt! We just finished our first safari with Limcroma back in July. Couldn't agree with you more that they are a top notch outfitter!

@russ_c congrats on all of your great trophies and a successful hunt! We just finished our first safari with Limcroma back in July. Couldn't agree with you more that they are a top notch outfitter!
Believe I saw your thread prior to my departure! Congrats on the success! We were there from July 24 - August 3rd. Stayed at the old camp.

I posted this earlier in a thread about your favorite African hunting memory. Thought it would be good to post it in the thread about my hunt. This is the story of my Kudu hunt!......

My PH (Henco) and I had been hunting for 3 full days without any success. On the 4th day, the wind was aweful. We had used a brush blind in an area where my target was passing through. As bad luck seemed to be in my corner for the beginning of the safari, the Kudu bull showed up and the wind changed directions. My Kudu did, too! Running from the area as fast as he could. I thought our chances were toast.....

Now to the favorite memory: Henco and I decided to make a new brush blind quickly on the other side of the area the Kudu was passing through in an effort to keep the wind in our face and be able to have a chance at the bull if he passed back through the area. So, we moved about 8-10 round hay bales into a circle, with an opening for me to shoot my bow through. We piled a lot of the brush from the other blind on top of the bales to aid with our cover. ***As a disclaimer, I am from Texas. Round bales are not something you can move around by yourself. That is NOT the case in Africa. Henco and I were moving round bales without issue, by ourselves. Definitely have different grass than we have in Tx! (y)

We got into our hay bale blind for the rest of the evening and about 3-4 hours later, there was the Kudu bull. This time with the wind was in our favor while we sat in our edible blind! After waiting for him to turn, which felt close to an hour or two (probably only 5 minutes) a 17 yard shot was presented, I touched the release and let the German Kinetic fly. After a pass through and a 100 yard track........he was down! Great memory to go along with my #1 all-time bucket list animal, and my first African animal!

The Kudu bull is the one in my avatar pic

Altogether, an amazing experience with outstanding people. Cannot say enough good things about Limcroma and their staff. Can't wait to go back in 2018!

Russ,
It was an absolute pleasure and our privilege to have hosted you and your lovely wife on safari! We had a great time with you both, and we look forward to having you back at camp very soon. Thank you for the wonderful hunting report.

bow is doing it the hard way - congrats!

Russ,
It was an absolute pleasure and our privilege to have hosted you and your lovely wife on safari! We had a great time with you both, and we look forward to having you back at camp very soon. Thank you for the wonderful hunting report.

Thank you! We have dates picked out and cannot wait to get back! Looking forward to visiting with everyone at the Dallas show in January.

Russ. I'm a bow guy as well. What bow do you shot? How about arrow and broadhead?

I need to come back and take a waterbuck, another pig and zebra, a giraffe and a few others with a pointy stick.

Russ. I'm a bow guy as well. What bow do you shot? How about arrow and broadhead?

I need to come back and take a waterbuck, another pig and zebra, a giraffe and a few others with a pointy stick.

Lee,

I shoot a Bowtech Insanity. 29" draw, 73lbs draw weight. Use Easton Axis 300 arrows and 125 grain Slick Trick magnum's or German Kinetic broadheads. Just depends on the game I'm hunting for broadhead selection. Total arrow and broadhead weight is right at 500 grains.

We're same draw and lbs (diamond black ice) and close with arrow. I shot 340 FMJ' and 100 grain slick tricks this last trip but I also shoot 340 Easton axis with 160 gr VPA 3 blade broadheads. Total weight is close to 500 as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg