Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI NRA QDMA NWTF TU DU
Hunted
Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, USA, South, Central America & New Zealand
My wife and I recently returned from our second hunting safari in two years. On our first trip to SA in '09, we hunted with a different outfitter, and although we had a very nice experience and took many trophy animals, it really didn't compare to the awesome experience we had this past May at Limcroma Safaris up in the Limpopo region. It was the attention to the details that sets Limcroma apart from the many other outfitters I have hunted and fished with both here in the US and abroad. Hannes Els and his staff did everything possible to make sure we had the best experience ever. Everything about Limcroma beamed with excellence from the accommodations, to the Authentic South African cusine, the courteous professional staff, the equipment, the blinds, the logistics of how your hunt is run, everything was handled beautifully. The abundance and quality of game we saw was remarkable. Hannes manages the game extremely well to ensure that you have incredible trophy opportunities. We are definately not record book hunters, but if book animals are what you are looking for, I can assure you that you will find an abundance of mature animals that will score highly.

On this particular trip, we were not necessarily looking to take a bunch of trophy animals. We have a small house and no more room for any more big mounts. I wanted my wife Lisa, who is a relatively new bowhunter, to get some experience and shoot some arrows. So, we made this trip more of a management hunt. I was also hoping to have a chance at taking some of the more unusual African species such as small predators and varmints. I discussed this with Hannes prior to the hunt, and he was more than happy to accommodate my requests. As you can see from the pictures, we got chances at everything we had hoped for and more. Our PH Kobus, worked his rear end off and showed incredible patience with us. the PH's at Limcroma are not just "guides". They are hunters as well...They enjoy being out in the bush as much as you do. They get excited just as if they took the shot themselves. That kind of attitude and enthusiasm is rare among outfitters anywhere you go. So, on this trip, we took many "management animals" and a couple of trophy animals as well. Anyone who bowhunts enough knows you need to capitalize on your opportunities when they arise.

I highly recommend hunting with Hannes Els and Limcroma on your first trip or next trip to South Africa. I can't say enough about the operation that they run. The only thing you need to worry about is gaining too much weight on your trip. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about my experience at Limcroma or hunting South Africa in general. I love to talk hunting, and I would be glad to help anyone planning a trip over...My email is wheresthefire@bellsouth.net if you would like to contact me personally.

South Africa 2011 141.jpg
South Africa 2011 147.jpg
South Africa 2011 005.jpg
South Africa 2011 139.jpg
South Africa 2011 116.jpg
South Africa 2011 014.jpg
South Africa 2011 033.jpg
South Africa 2011 002.jpg
South Africa 2011 015.jpg
South Africa 2011 010.jpg
South Africa 2011 020.jpg
South Africa 2011 121.jpg
South Africa 2011 026.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to Lisa on her Bow hunt and great success.
You both took some interesting trophies.
Got to love Lisa's trophy picture of the Jack Russell with the Impala!!

looks like a great time...

thank you for taking the time to post your story and pictures...

it looks like another great safari this year...

I certainly agree with your recommendation. I had my whole family at Limcroma last year and we had a great time. Hannes has certainly created a an incredible place, and his staff are outstanding. Looks like you and Lisa had a wonderful experience at Limcroma as well. Congratulations.

Congratulations to you and your wife on such a great hunt and Thanks for the great pics.

Great pictures! Glad you and your wife had a good time!

Hi Huntfirefish,

Thanks for sharing the brilliant photos, congratulations!!! to your wife and you to have bagged credible trophies.......
The jack Russel with the impala makes a cute snap...

Monish

Thanks for the report, nice trophies !

Congrats... sounds like you had a great time. I hunted there last year and couldn't recommend Limcroma highly enough. Fantastic people and some terrific trophy quality available.
Just wondering are you getting any of your trophies mounted over there? If so could I ask who with?

Thanks for the hunting report and pictures firehuntfish!

Lodge & grounds at Limcroma Safaris

Some pictures of the lodge and grounds at Limcroma Safaris...
South Africa 2011 009.jpg South Africa 2011 153.jpg South Africa 2011 106.jpg South Africa 2011 042.jpg South Africa 2011 049.jpg South Africa 2011 050.jpg South Africa 2011 089.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg