Ice man

AH member
Reaction score
Website
www.theicemanseries.com
Media
Hunted
USA
I had a great hunt in the Limpopo Provenance during the 1st week of October.
I got some good advice for some of the guys on this forum to use fixed blade broad heads.
I went with the slick trick magnums.
My 1st harvest bless buck was the only one that went around 125 yards.
My 2nd harvest was my 1st Impala which only went 98 yards (double lung)
My 3rd Harvest was the Kudu 22 yard shot quartering to a little went 80 yards and laid down.
My 4th Harvest warthog, 28 yard shot, heart shot, went 30 yards with a bloody follow up all the way.
My 5th harvest was my 2nd Impala, 30 yard shot, shoulder shot, slick trick broke the shoulder , he went 77 yards and laid down.
My final hunt was the wildebeest, I had 6 encounters with him but could close the deal.
Finally on the last day he came in with some cows and younger bulls and he gave me a 13 yard shot.
I hit him on the button, he went around 110 yards and my PH watched him tumble over a bush then rolled in the dirt road.
Complete pass through on all except the wildebeest but the broad head lodged in his opposite shoulder.
Thanks everyone for your help.
www.kuchesafaris.com is a great place.
I recommend them, they will treat you fair.
Ice man
www.theicemanseries.com

14680740_980975365346588_2169741824810658190_n.jpg
14633057_1227862333922151_6927396601102304970_n.jpg
14708275_1232367730138278_3358901678516645394_n.jpg
14713634_1232372740137777_7500874315240669280_n.jpg
DSC00262.JPG
14729270_983658365078288_6793717934268254222_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow some great trophies!! Like the Worthog and second Impala they are monsters.
What are you going to have done with them?

Congrats, looks like you had a great trip!
Cody

Congrats on your hunt, thank you for sharing!

Glad the slick tricks did the job. Looks like you had a great hunt and took some fine animals.

Got it done.

Congrats on your success. Thanks for the report.

Ice Man you sure took care of business. Congrats on your trophies! So here is the big question.........when are you going back? Bet you were planning the second hunt by the time the plane took off. Thanks for sharing your hunt report with us.

Ice Man you sure took care of business. Congrats on your trophies! So here is the big question.........when are you going back? Bet you were planning the second hunt by the time the plane took off. Thanks for sharing your hunt report with us.
Lol
I'm planing on going back in October, I have a score to settle with a Nyala, if he's gone then I will go after another one.
My next list is a Nyala, zebra, gems buck and a eland.

Congrats on some great trophies! thanks for sharing!

I think I know what you are saying. I left an impala with a high shot on my first safari so went back and got one and the warthog that I didn't get the first time since I took a Blesbok instead.
A word I brought the warthogs cap back on the second trip even thought I thought I just wanted a bronzed skull. I went with the bronze skull.
IMG_2728.JPG

But when the cape got back to the states I had to ship it and the skull back in a separate crate and when the cape got back even though I didn't use it I had to pay another $150 to have it cleared in the states.
Extra crate and re clearing it could have been saved by not trying to bling it back to the states.
Think about that!!!

Lol
I'm planing on going back in October, I have a score to settle with a Nyala, if he's gone then I will go after another one.
My next list is a Nyala, zebra, gems buck and a eland.

I like the way you are thinking there!

I think I know what you are saying. I left an impala with a high shot on my first safari so went back and got one and the warthog that I didn't get the first time since I took a Blesbok instead.
A word I brought the warthogs cap back on the second trip even thought I thought I just wanted a bronzed skull. I went with the bronze skull.
View attachment 161820
But when the cape got back to the states I had to ship it and the skull back in a separate crate and when the cape got back even though I didn't use it I had to pay another $150 to have it cleared in the states.
Extra crate and re clearing it could have been saved by not trying to bling it back to the states.
Think about that!!!
Well I have a Taxidermist in the states just in case I have to get something touched up.
Thanks

View attachment 161820
Think about that!!!
That's nice.

Congrats, nice trophies !

Good on you man! Nice trophies and those first two shots! Wow! Is that warthog a big sow? My dad shot a great sow a couple trips ago and although I've been watching- I haven't been able to find one good enough. Congrats on a nice trip!

Good on you man! Nice trophies and those first two shots! Wow! Is that warthog a big sow? My dad shot a great sow a couple trips ago and although I've been watching- I haven't been able to find one good enough. Congrats on a nice trip!
That is a old sow, we weren't about to get on a mature boar bit when she came in I thought yeh I want to take her.

Nice warthog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RosalineCl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg