Breen Smith

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
This was my first trip to Africa. It was awesome! I'm a bow hunter. I recently attended a class in Las Vegas about arrow penetration. I decided to bring two bows; a bow with light fast arrows and another with heavy arrows. I was more than surprised at the results. I made a video about my experience. This video is a gift to Hans de Klerk, its a thank you for the wonderful experience my wife and I had hunting with him. I hope that other first timers coming to Africa to bow hunt may avoid the mistake of bringing the wrong equipment. I also hope that other first timers choose a very reputable outfitter like Hans de Klerk. I hope you enjoy the video:

For questions about the hunt and things you should know to protect yourself...... you can reach me at my email at the end of the video.

I"d love to hear from you.
Breen Smith

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 8.03.17 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Breen
Thanks for the kind words.
Happy hunting.
Hans

Congrats, and nice video!

Nice video. I had the same thought for my trip coming up this spring for my first safari. I found the Shaeffer performance archery sight and bought 2. They are removable but “snap”into place.
I have one set for Cape buffalo and one for Plainsgame. I have arrows for each to coordinate with. Was cheaper than 2 bows and easier to pack. At least that is my thought on it.

Nice video Africa sure is a fun places to bowhunt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg