AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
QDMA, NWTF, NRA
Hunted
South Africa, North America, New Zealand, South America, Europe, Asian Pacific, Iceland
This report is long overdue, but better late than never! As I mentioned in my introductory post, I have been a long time follower here on AfricaHunting.com, but relatively new to the posting side. AH was an integral part to my research for this trip. I met some nice folks through the forum and got some extremely valuable advice that I sincerely feel made all of the difference in my first fantastic safari experience. I want to thank all of those who offered their time and advice to me.

My hunt was with Limcroma Safaris based in the Limpopo Province of South Africa. I had done travel hunts in a few foreign destinations before, but this was going to be the first trip with the family. It was very important for me to find the right outfit that would offer me the balance of a family vacation and a serious hunting experience. I had to find an outfitter that had comfortable accommodations, great amenities, good logistics, and lots of things for my family to do while I was out hunting. The great folks at Limcroma Safaris surpassed my expectations on every level. They were able to put together an itinerary that gave me all of the hunting I wanted, and then arranged for some great non-hunting excursions for me, my wife, and my teenage daughter.

Everything ran seamlessly from start to finish. Tanya and Cornel handled all of the side trips, and treated the girls like royalty. My PH Kobus was fantastic. He was knowledgeable, patient, and enthusiastic. He gave me some of the best hunting memories of my life, and we had a lot of laughs as well. Thespina, our chef, made the trip for everyone. My wife and daughter, who are the pickiest eaters in the world, could not say enough about the awesome meals and over-the-top presentations. The entire staff really did go above and beyond to make this the best vacation of our lives.

I bow hunted 5 full days and took all of the dream animals on my hit list. My list was short for this trip, as I was only interested in a few different species. (Wall space and $$ are both limited) The amount of game we encountered was impressive. We looked over lots of animals before deciding to take the shots. Kobus, was adamant about me taking only mature animals and would not let me settle for anything. If it was up to me, I would have shot the first of every species I saw. His judgment paid off, and I was very happy with the age and quality of trophies that I took. I have some great new African heads to add to my collection.

Overall, I really can't say enough good things about the safari we had with the Limcroma folks. If you are looking for a high quality, stress-free outfitted experience, I highly recommend getting in contact with these folks and let them put a trip together for you. Thanks for letting me share my safari and relive the memories.

photo 1 (2).JPG
photo 2 (2).JPG
photo 3.JPG
Gus\' trophy wall.jpg

Nice looking trophies Dave

Thanks for sharing. Great example that you don't have to shot the most animals in the history of safaris to have a great trip.

Well done!

It is definitely about the experience.

Great trophies , Glad you and your family had a great adventure. Forrest

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I wish I had taken my wife with me when I went to Africa, but maybe that will help me sell safari #2 to her. Congratulations on some great looking trophies.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I wish I had taken my wife with me when I went to Africa, but maybe that will help me sell safari #2 to her. Congratulations on some great looking trophies.

Now your talking hunting4. The wife needs to see Africa!

The ladies had fun and you took some snorters.

What more could you ask for? :)

Very nice Kudu!

Very nice animals you took. The Gemsbok and Kudu are the two plains game that I want to hunt. Taking the family along would only make the trip more memorable. Well done.

It was a sincere pleasure hosting you Dave. You have a wonderful family, and we enjoyed having them in camp. I think we were able to get a lot of activities in a very short time for you.....We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Looks great ...congrats.
Glen

It's great when an Outfitter can make it a holiday for the entire family.
It requires a lot of skill to pull it off well.
Congratulations on your hunt.

Awesome trophies and with a Bow Congrats!

I really like that oryx, congrats!

Thanks for the great report Mr. Dave! It was a pleasure hosting you and your family. Glad to see you on the forum.

Great looking gems buck, especially with a bow. Well done. Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemjhon405

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber