SOUTH AFRICA: BOWHUNT: Bushmans Quiver Hunt

20160906_200000.jpg
20160906_195208_001.jpg
20160908_064750.jpg
I feel as I am leaving out so much to get the story to you guys. The amount of game seen in a single day is truly amazing in itself. The food, the wine, the beer, the every thing. The friendships formed were more like brothers than friends. Nita was treated like a queen and everyone was a true gentleman. The heartfelt talks I can go on and on about the whole experience but I will try to keep it to the hunts it's just that everything as a whole is what makes the trip what it is.

Last edited:
Great story so far and beautiful animals! I particularly like the markings on your zebra. Keep the story coming....

Beautiful trophies.
The zebra should have been dead less than a 100 yards. Forrest

Nice coats on the zebra and wildebeest!

Day 4 had us looking for blesbok and gemsbok. After a quick breakfast we were off. Apon entering the concession we were greated by 2 Sable bulls. Nita, Sampie, and a tracker were let out and took up in a blind over looking a flat in a thicket. F.C. me and Pungie went to another location we spotted some gemsbok and made a unsuccessful stalk. A jackal jumped in front of us but offered no shot. As we proceeded on our way following tracks we saw zebra, impala, wildebeest, and blesbok. After a while we realized that the gemsbok were headed to where Nita was located. They saw them but were unable to get a clear shot. We teamed up and started tracking them again and me and F.C. managed to get around the herd turning them back to Nita and Sampie we watched with anticipation as they fell in behind them at a slow jog when able to get into position we stayed back watching through binos as they tried to seal the deal. Just as we thought it was over we watched Sampie place the sticks and Nita shoulder her rifle. A shot and hit was heard as F.C. was saying one was peeling out to the right it piled up. We continued watching through the binos until we see Nita jumping up and down like a cheerleader she had done it like a seasoned professional. Perfect shot placement at over 200 yds and she had her first in the salt another emotional moment.

20160909_100713.jpg
20160909_074329.jpg
20160909_123420.jpg
received_10154559085507502 (1).jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to her on the gemsbok!

Kyle if you are still hunting with FC tell him high from Tom Hanson. I hunted with him in 2014. Interested to hear the rest of the safari goes.
Who are they taking your trophies to?
Tom

Nita ,way to go girl, beautiful gemsbok
On my first trip to Africa my wife killed a gemsbok and was the highlight of the trip for me. Forrest

I met the owners of Bushman's Quiver at a local hunting show about 1 month back- My wife and I talked with them for 30 mins- really nice with 2 lovely daughters. Glad to hear you had a great trip.

Kyle if you are still hunting with FC tell him high from Tom Hanson. I hunted with him in 2014. Interested to hear the rest of the safari goes.
Who are they taking your trophies to?
Tom
Tom we are actually home but are keeping in touch with him. Next correspondence I will definitely tell him.

I met the owners of Bushman's Quiver at a local hunting show about 1 month back- My wife and I talked with them for 30 mins- really nice with 2 lovely daughters. Glad to hear you had a great trip.
Stephan, Nakkie, and the girls are great people. The girls are some of the most well manored children I have ever known.

Day 5 had us in the mountains searching for kudu, and blesbok. We started and on the way in saw a group of impala rams one being a very nice one. It was decided Nita should take after them and her and Sampie were off and had a group of giraffe get between them and the Rams and spook them off. So back in the truck and headed up the mountain.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Once we arrived up top we began to glass the valleys and steps. We spotted a young Impala that had broken its neck but was still alive so we put him down and moved on. Sampie led out in front of us to speed things up. After a mile or so we teamed back up with him and he had spotted a nice blesbok for Nita to take. F.C. And I stayed with the truck watching through Gino's as the slipped slowly down a draw and back up the other side to a step where they had a vantage point. They were in a little saddle with good cover around them to keep them hidden. It seemed like for ever before we finally saw Nita take the sticks and a equal amount of time before the shot. Once back together she explained that a limb in front of them full of leaves was blowing in the wind and making it hard for a clear shot. Sampie coached her through it and told her to time her shot with the wind and shoot when it blew the limb clear. Boy did she ever perfect neck shot and # 2 was in the salt for her. A nice massive blesbok.
The rest of that evening was spent ridding around another concession looking for a kudu. We saw several nice kudu, waterbuck and some others. Stephan showed up on this one and bought some biltong. After the hunt we were back for dinner where Stephan informed me we would need to get up early to head to another concession close to the Botswana border he said there were great kudu and warthogs.

hello ?? Paging OP to finish up :D

Great trophies so far...really hoping to see a kudu!!! That zebra is really dark, eh? Almost looks black with thin white stripes! (y)

Sorry for the delay guys. Got a call about a big hod terrorizing the camp so had to run up for a few days and let dad put him in check. I will try and finish up this evening.
20160922_185840.jpg

Congrats to your dad on a nice pig!

Awesome. Interrupting a hunting report to go hunting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaSelf

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!