echosue

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa. Oregon, Idaho and Montana USA
Here are some of the photos from our last trip to Africa in 2018. After an incredible trip to Kruger Park with Tsala Safari's and spending some lovely time with their family I got the chance to hunt a bit at Dries Visser because my husband got his black wildebeest on the first morning of his hunt. Which was the only animal he was after and with time to kill somebody had to do something with the time left! Thanks for looking at my trophies and if you ever go to Africa just remember that it is a bit like eating potato chips, you can NEVER just go once!

impala sues.jpg
nyala.jpg
warthog.jpg
wildebeest.jpg

Great bow kills and way to lay the smackdown on them

Way to go! I especially like that heavy old warthog. Congrats on your hunt.............................FWB

Looks like you made the most of your hunting opportunities. Congrats
Bruce

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Congrats!!

Well done echosue. You have now set the bar high for your next bag of chips! As a bow hunter I would also like hear about your bow setup and broadheads. Sounds like it all works well for you.

nice trophies! Can you tell us what arrow/broadhead setup you used?
Well done echosue. You have now set the bar high for your next bag of chips! As a bow hunter I would also like hear about your bow setup and broadheads. Sounds like it all works well for you.
It did work out well and I will have to make sure I ask my husband for all the stats as I have forgotten the exact specifications, but I have a 26 1/2 inch draw length and was shooting 50#s. My arrows were heavy, I believe around 500 grains. I shot a magnus stinger for the larger animals and a smaller cut on contact head for the smaller. I will have him give me the name of the other broadhead as I cannot remember its brand. They performed really well and my arrow fly beautifully out of my bow. I practiced a lot because I had drawn a moose tag here in our state of Idaho and wanted to make sure I was accurate. Africa was a great hunt and I loved my trophies. Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!

Please see the information above. I will give exact specifications and correct anything I might have misremembered tomorrow. Sorry, but I am getting half timers and sometimes the details elude me! :] chuckling softly

Nice trophies, congrats !

Magnus broadheads sure have took a lot of trophies over in Africa. Very good choice

It did work out well and I will have to make sure I ask my husband for all the stats as I have forgotten the exact specifications, but I have a 26 1/2 inch draw length and was shooting 50#s. My arrows were heavy, I believe around 500 grains. I shot a magnus stinger for the larger animals and a smaller cut on contact head for the smaller. I will have him give me the name of the other broadhead as I cannot remember its brand. They performed really well and my arrow fly beautifully out of my bow. I practiced a lot because I had drawn a moose tag here in our state of Idaho and wanted to make sure I was accurate. Africa was a great hunt and I loved my trophies. Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!

Corrections: Yes I am not perfectly in tune, but my husband makes sure my bow is! I shoot a Diamond Razors Edge set at 50#'s. My arrow weighs 480 grams and the other head besides the Magnus Stinger is the Wasp for smaller animals.
Thanks all for your nice comments.

I thought your bow looked familiar. I have a 2007 Diamond black ice that has done well in Africa for me. It’s my backup now as I finally got a new bow last year, but I’ve taken most of my bow kills with it. Also your success shows that a 50 lb draw is all you need with a sharp broadhead and good shooting.

I thought your bow looked familiar. I have a 2007 Diamond black ice that has done well in Africa for me. It’s my backup now as I finally got a new bow last year, but I’ve taken most of my bow kills with it. Also your success shows that a 50 lb draw is all you need with a sharp broadhead and good shooting.
That is a very true statement my hubby always says it all comes down to having everything well tuned including the shooter! I have always shot my game close and tried to be well practiced for my hunts, but no one that had hunted much can say they have never made a mistake. Good luck in the future and happy hunting! Shoot straight and true!

Thanks, I really love bowhunting and especially have enjoyed Africa. Love your profile photo, great Kudu!

Great job and congratulations....awesome pictures

SOme great memories in amongst those fine trophies. Well done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg