SOUTH AFRICA: BOWHUNT: Bowhunting Eastern Cape With Kingsview Safaris

Tony Ostheimer

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
February and March of 2019 took me on the adventure of a lifetime to the Eastern Cape with Jono of Kingsview Safaris. I spent alot of time researching who I wanted to go with as I wanted to use my bow and didnt want to sit in a blind or hide the whole time. After talking repeatedly with Jono I was certain his style of spot and stalk hunting on the vast concessions he has access to was the way to go and I wasnt disappointed. Jono and the staff was very helpful from the trouble I had right away with my luggage being lost and helping me get that back to the last day and sneaking in one more stalk before I had to get back to the airport. The staff of Kingsview as well as the the lodges and ranches he works with were all top notch. The amenities, comfort, and dining were first class. I cannot stress enough how "at home" everyone made me feel on the trip. The game and wildlife was unforgettable, as we saw more animals than I ever imagined as well as such a huge variety. Jono and I covered approx. 10 miles a day on foot looking for the correct animal we were chasing; older, mature bulls. In the end I harvested a Kudu, Nyala, Impala, Lechwe, warthog, and baboon. It was the best experience I could have asked for and exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend Kingsview to anyone going as you will be comfortable in the fantastic lodging, you will see more than enough game, and you will be in the company of excellent people.

6F2CF5B9-1A01-4B1A-AB57-1BF1A7B1A975.JPG
8F28E698-3D3D-4EDB-816B-FBA944252EBF.JPG
1654098B-16A4-4714-B08C-E4A48C5326B0.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on a successful safari, you took some fine animals. Well done and thanks for posting.

Welcome, and congrats!

Tiny I second your feelings about Jono and Kingsview. Been with him 2 times now and cant imagine going again without going with him and Justine. Kingsview is a gem i promise, book with confidence if you are looking at going.

Welcome to AH! Congrats on your hunt, you got some nice trophies!

Great bow trophies! What was your longest shot? Stalking is the way to go over there if not to thick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois