SOUTH AFRICA: BOWHUNT: Back From South Africa Numzaan Safaris

Abster71

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Not much for writing all I can say is what a great experience it was. Hunted with Numzaan Safaris Wild Wildebeest lodge near Thabazimbi. Hunting was slow at first due to the full moon. Averaged 8 to 9 hours in the blinds a day with plenty of rhino dung burning to cover up our scent man does that stuff work, and the smell wasn't bad just a lot of smoke filling up the blinds. Day one was a baboon to take the edge off and was free. Day 2 brought in a Gemsbuck coming to water while the wildebeest were making a lot of noise behind the blind. Made a great shot and went around 100 yrds. Day 4 was slow with no animals coming in on my list but seen plenty of game to pass the day. Day 5 went to another farm and right of the bat a small Kudu came in with 4 others strolling 150 yrds out. An hour later another mature bull came in and another green light for the second. while I was getting ready another came in. Stayed on the second and the shot was off. He left not looking good so we took up the track and the game was on following behind him waiting for another shot. 2nd shot was quick and low, still chasing 3rd shot was just under the spine. Finally we got to 43 yrds and was calm was able to range and set my sights and the arrow hit the mark perfect, and was down in 10 yrds. What an amazing animal. Pictures taken and in the truck and off to the next blind. Shortly after getting into the blind a herd of buffalo started their way in which they eventually got spooked. Finally an hour before dark a herd of wildebeest came in with one male in the group, who presented a nice 24 yrd shot. The next day we were of to the same farm sitting in a plastic water tank waiting for Impala. After a short wait one ram broke first to water and the arrow was gone, for a short 80 yrd recovery. The next day I videoed a friend on a giraffe hunt to video. Wow what a hunt that was spot and stalk with a huge animal down. Spent a couple hunts videoing another friend in the blind for kudu and wildebeest, with success. Then I spent a couple afternoon hunts for warthog seeing a lot and waiting for a big male. Finally I couldn't take it anymore wanting to relax a bit a nice female came in for a close lethal shot. There were so many things that went on for me to write about ,it truly was an awesome experience would definitely do it. again.

img_1105-jpg.21338

Attachments

• IMG_1090.jpg
    IMG_1090.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_6351.jpg
    IMG_6351.jpg
    553.9 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_1105.jpg
    IMG_1105.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 779
  • IMG_1111.jpg
    IMG_1111.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1017.jpg
    IMG_1017.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_1116.jpg
    IMG_1116.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_1175.jpg
    IMG_1175.jpg
    566.8 KB · Views: 275
Last edited by a moderator:
Abster71 Thanks for the report and Great Pics. that female warthog is a dandy and a baboon with a bow is a fantastic trophy by itself Congrats on a fantastic hunt glad you had a great time.

Glad you had a good time, thanks for the pictures!

+good stuff abster
nice gemsbok and kudu
thanks for showing us
glad you had a great trip
while you were in thabazimbi did you stop by the butchers and pick up some biltong from there
its real good

Thanks for the report and congrats on some fine trophies!

congrats, sounds like you had a blast.

Congrats for a great hunt and some very nice trophies.

Thanks for sharing !

Thanks for the hunt report and trophy pictures!

Congrats with a great and and some great animals.
Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks for the pictures and hunting report. Congratulations on a great hunt.

Congrat's and thanks for sharing your story and pictures!

Another 1st timer biten by the bug!!! Congrates

Love the Blue Wildebeest and Gemsbok. All great trophies. Thanks for the report and pictures, Congrats to you.

Thanks for sharing the pix and the commentary. Nice animals, great memories. You're done for now, old son! Congratulations!

Congratulations on some fine animals!

Congratulations on your hunt.
Appreciate you sharing your story and pictures.

If you get some time please do add to it. (No Pulitzers required.)

You've done yourself proud. Congrats.

"A Dream can be relived, again and again in Africa".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois