SOUTH AFRICA: BOWHUNT: Another Great Hunt With Limcroma Safaris

Matrix

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Limpopo, Canada, Virginia, USA, Ohio, USA, North Carolina, USA, South Carolina, USA
Sadly it ended way to soon and we are back home after another great hunt in South Africa with Limcroma Safaris. As usual Hannes and his group provided another great hunt and Marcelle once again provided incredible meals!

Although we had a great and successful hunt it was very challenging this time due to high and constantly swirling winds and we worked our butts off for the animals that we took. We left a few on the table that we were after but we will definitely be back and planning a return trip in 2018.

To start the weirdness off right the first evening we had something happen that I nor my PH had ever seen.....Zebras are normally very cautious but I guess this one didn't read the script. He must have been overly tired or something but his companions were none to thrilled with his cavalier attitude and stayed away from him! He laid there for better than a half hour till right at dark and then left by himself............
IMG_3492.JPG

IMG_3499.JPG

IMG_3504.JPG

The sunsets in Africa are some of the most beautiful anywhere you will go.................
IMG_2314.JPG

Over the next few days we hunted hard and were rewarded for our efforts. We started out with Blue Wildebeest
IMG_2245.JPG

And then Eland, he was one of top animals that I wanted and he was definitely a great one with great length and mass........
IMG_2262.JPG

IMG_2256.JPG

IMG_2257.JPG

Zebra has become a favorite, they are a very challenging animal to hunt, very cautious, suspicious and constantly moving.
IMG_2273.JPG

And talk about and 11th hour hunt....on the last day on the last morning I finally closed the deal on my number one animal, a giant Waterbuck with horns touching better than 29", the wait was worth it!
IMG_2303.JPG

We seen a ton of game and had many opportunities and shared the campfire with what have become our great friends at Limcroma. Hannes Els, Riaan, Otto, Henno, Henc, Henco and Marcelle. But most of all I got to see and hunt once again with what has turned out to be a close friend, my PH Jan Loots!

IMG_2310.JPG

I thought I'd also share some of the other things we were able to see while there.....

IMG_2312.JPG

IMG_2313.JPG

IMG_2315.JPG

IMG_2316.JPG

IMG_2321.JPG

IMG_2326.JPG

IMG_2318.JPG

IMG_2319.JPG

http://www.africahunting.com/attach...7/?temp_hash=2d496d42cc37c5b148d3f56255ecd614

Congrats on the hunt, some nice trophies! Great pics also!

Sir you had a good hunt. Your eland is a good one.

Thank You all. It was a great time with great friends at an incredible place.

You got some very nice shots. Thanks for sharing them.

Always neat to catch a hard working Lion.

So have you started planning the next trip?

You look like you had way too much fun! :A Thumbs Up:Great animals. Thanks for the report.

Congrats, you enjoyed yourself and got very nice trophies.

Thanks for sharing, great pics !

Amazing photos! Thanks for sharing your hunt with us. Jan looks great. Glad to hear the whole PH crew is still around. We had a lot of fun with that bunch also .

Absolutely we have! We are planning a Buff hunt in 2018!
There you go....that's the way to think. Strike while the irons hot as they say.

Looks like you had an unforgettable hunt despite the wind. Congrats on a fine waterbuck and lovely eland - both very impressive!

Nice animals. Congrats. I'd say that you did well. Bruce

I love that eland , perfect horn shape!!

Beautiful Eland, congratulations!

Looks like a great trip! Amazing photos, you should post more if you got them!

There you go....that's the way to think. Strike while the irons hot as they say.

You can never get back soon enough. I have always wanted to do a Buff hunt with the bow and that is the plan for '18

Thanks for all the compliments everyone. As soon as I get a chance I will add more pics to the thread.

Great photos! Thank you for sharing. That's a heck of a waterbuck- congrats!

Love the flare on the eland!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross