SOUTH AFRICA: Bow Hunting At Pawprint Safaris

bowbrother

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
can anyone comment on their set up for bow hunting at paw prints safari that has hunted there in the past two years.narrowing it down to paw print,bos en del,dries visser and lincroma for next trip. love paw prints packages. thanks

@bowbrother ,

I haven't hunted with Pawprint, but I have hunted with Dries Visser and Limcroma. Had a good safari with Dries, but for a serious bowhunter, Limcroma is going to be very hard to beat. I was very particular in selecting outfitters looking at only those with reputations for knowing their stuff when it comes to bow hunting. Limcroma will exceed your expectations at all levels. These PHs are all bow hunters themselves, and they cover all of the small details that can really make a difference for bow hunters.

Just because an outfit offers bow hunting, It doesn't mean they know how to do it right. Make a list of goals that are most important to the type of hunt you are looking for and compare that to what each outfitter can offer. Ask lots of questions in regard to property sizes and amounts, if the properties are bow hunting only, if the PH guiding you is a bow hunter, and the trophy quality you can expect. Any of the outfitters you listed will work with you to put a great package together. It should come down to who can offer you the experience and animals you are looking for. Check lots of references from other bow hunters. Pm me anytime if you have questions.

can anyone comment on their set up for bow hunting at paw prints safari that has hunted there in the past two years.narrowing it down to paw print,bos en del,dries visser and lincroma for next trip. love paw prints packages. thanks

Hello Sir,

We sincerely appreciate that we are among the list of fine outfitters that you are researching.... If you are interested in a package offer, we would be happy to prepare a custom package proposal for you to include any specific number of days and species that you wish to pursue.

As our good friend Mr. Dave mentioned above, we are bow hunters ourselves. We take great pride in going to any lengths necessary to ensure maximum opportunity for our bow hunters. Please feel free to contact us anytime with questions, or for more details. Click on the link below for a quick preview of our bow hunting operation at Limcroma Safaris!

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/bow-hunting-with-limcroma-safaris.36023/

Last edited:
dave thanks for your input .had it narrowed down to dries and lincroma (both whose reviews are always outstandings on site) looking at paw prints because close to airport .. could save possibly 2 travel days vs going to limpopo area .that 4 plus hour drive from airport to limpopo on my last trip truly was the worst part of the trip.thought was going to meet the lord a few times when van tried to pass slower vehicles and playing chicken with the on coming vehicles .trying to get info if paw prints has elevated their bow hunting experience to that of dries or lincroma.thanks bowbrother

I hunted pawprints last season they have a few bow hunting only properties and beleive that they just bought a new place this year for bow only. I did not bow hunt but my buddy did and he took quite a few nice ones with his bow.

I have bowhunted Paw Print and Dries Visser and I would try Limcroma from my experience with both of them. I have not hunted with Paw Print for 4 years , but have been to Visser's the last two years and it was way better, no comparison but in my opinion Vissers was over hunted. The property never gets a break for months. I have also bowhunted numerous other places and one that is bow only that was very good was Bushmans Safaris, I also have had excellent bowhunts with Tsala Safaris.

Last edited:
jeff thanks for your input this is what makes this site such a resource in choosing an outfitter thanks bowbrother

Is Pawprint still a member here? Haven't seen them around. Pawprint used to post some good deals.

Hi bowbrother,
I am going with both Pawprint and Dries Visser this year. I am with you on the great deals Pawprint has. Have been with Dries twice before and went with Ken Moody on my first trip in 2008. I was looking to do two safaris and knew for sure I would go with Dries but was unsure of who else. Thought about maybe bidding on a hunt at SCI but after seeing what Pawprint had to offer decided to give them a try. Pieter seems like a great guy and always responds to questions in a timely manner. Has a bowhunting only property with I believe close to 2o blinds. I feel good about it but you never know. As far as Dries goes he is first class all the way. He has always treated me right and the hunting was amazing. Never hunted with Lincroma but they have a great reputation. Good luck on your hunt.

I know a couple of guys that have hunted with pawprint. sending you a pm

I have bowhunted Paw Print and Dries Visser and I would try Limcroma from my experience with both of them. I have not hunted with Paw Print for 4 years , but have been to Visser's the last two years and it was way better, no comparison but in my opinion Vissers was over hunted. The property never gets a break for months. I have also bowhunted numerous other places and one that is bow only that was very good was Bushmans Safaris, I also have had excellent bowhunts with Tsala Safaris.
Hey Jeff, sounds like to me that you have a lot of experience bowhunting over there. So cool

Hey Jeff, sounds like to me that you have a lot of experience bowhunting over there. So cool
Yes I admit I'm a addict. Have had 17 bowhunts in SA and Namibia and am in the process of planning a couple more.

A ton of air miles lol, but what a career! If you fine any deals in namibia let me know. I hope to return someday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JannEarle

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois