SOUTH AFRICA: Bos En Dal My First Safari & A Great PH Outfitter Experience

What a great first hunt! I hope you have the memories of a lifetime to share with family and friends. Thanks for sharing.

I took my trophies to Jan at J&S. Gerrit drove me over, made and appointment and walked me through all the necessary items- he took time to tell me the status of each permit and what was happening with them. He is a PH as well as an Outfitter so he detailed how the skins and horns are going to get back all ok (I understand sometimes a PH will sell a hunt and only later get an outfitter's license use for export?). Anyhow, I spoke with Jan and he took time to show me how things would be handled. Very satisfied with this part of the trip- of course I have not received anything yet (it's still to early) but I have every confidence it will be handled right. Gerrit told me he has worked with Jan in the past and so they are sure to do a good job to earn his repeat business. So far so good.

The wait for the finished trophies can drive you to almost as much excitement as when you shot them. Look forward to yo posting some photos when you get them home

Obviously you "had a ball" over there, and you tell the story well. Anothre hunter with the scent of Africa in hi s nostrils; I don't think it will ever go away. Thank you, and welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross