SOUTH AFRICA: Beware Of Self Proclaimed Professional Hunter Tinus Lindeque

If a crime has been committed then it is important that the victim files a report with the SAP. Only they can do it, and only that matters. The hunting bodies can only de-list them. SAP may do nothing, but at least it is on file.

We do have a member here with the username @Tinus Lindeque, the same person who @Serbian Hunter is referring to. Below a couple of screenshots of Tinus Lindeque Hunting & Safaris website (www.tinuslsafaris.com) from 2013/14. The website is no longer published online.

@Tinus Lindeque was never a sponsor here but he had a 3 hunt offers dating back to 2014 and 2015 which have now been deleted. The reason why the link provided above by @mark-hunter is not longer accessible.
Tinus.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for a support. Just wanted to share this info with you in order to prevent this guy to scum somebody else from this forum. Yes, he is also member here, I even found some picture of my buff and bullets amongst his posts
Stay healthy

Serbian Hunter,
Why did you book with this guy? How did you book the hunt with him?
My advice to the AH community is to go to SCI or DSC and meet with reputable outfitters to book your hunt. Booking online with these noname outfits gets these type of results. I know not everyone can travel to conventions but checking and seeing who is an exhibitor and who is not before booking can pay off in the long run.
I am sorry for your troubles and it illustrates my point that the after the hunt service in Africa needs to be improved tremendously.
Philip

Serbian Hunter,
If you like, I can recommend a couple of RSA outfitters with whom I have hunted and can highly recommend.
CRS,
Many thanks for the offer. I have been in SA and Nam 5 times already and I met some really fine PHs. As the matter of fact, Tinus is the only bad experience I had in Africa

My advice to the AH community is to go to SCI or DSC and meet with reputable outfitters to book your hunt. Booking online with these noname outfits gets these type of results.
Be careful here. There is no outfitter vetting by DSC, SCI, or AH for that matter. Choosing an outfitter that attends one of these events does not ensure that they are reputable, far from it.

I do however; agree that booking without doing proper research and obtaining references can get poor results, regardless of where the actual booking is done.

Rotal27 said "Be careful here. There is no outfitter vetting by DSC, SCI, or AH for that matter. Choosing an outfitter that attends one of these events does not ensure that they are reputable, far from it."

I agree with Royal27.
Imagine my surprise when at a recent DSC show, I came across the booth of the very same outfitter that hosted the worst Pronghorn hunt I ever attended. I politely told him that, but only comment on the hunt when asked because a friend of mine booked the hunt. If I were in the business of trying out hunting providers and publishing the information ( a friend actually did that for bird hunting preserves), I would rate his operation very low.

Since then, I have participated in an excellent Pronghorn hunt in the Texas Panhandle where all hunters had plenty of opportunities to take their game. No complaints.

Be careful here. There is no outfitter vetting by DSC, SCI, or AH for that matter. Choosing an outfitter that attends one of these events does not ensure that they are reputable, far from it.

I do however; agree that booking without doing proper research and obtaining references can get poor results, regardless of where the actual booking is done.
Incorrect. They are vetted and complaints are taken seriously. Many have been banned from convention. I do agree it is not a guarantee that all outfitters at convention are going to be good. But, when these no name outfitters are mentioned on posts like this I just scratch my head.
Regards,
Philip

Incorrect. They are vetted and complaints are taken seriously. Many have been banned from convention. I do agree it is not a guarantee that all outfitters at convention are going to be good. But, when these no name outfitters are mentioned on posts like this I just scratch my head.
Regards,
Philip

Yeah, no, they aren't vetted.

If I'm mistaken please correct me by posting the SCI and DSC written outfitter vetting policy on this thread. It would be helpful for us all to know how they ensure an outfitter is above board and financially viable before they are allowed to advertise. And by the way, I don't consider being a member of a home country hunting organization to be vetting.

There is a big difference from taking complaints after the fact and an actual pre-show vetting policy that DSC and SCI stand behind. Neither organization does that, nor do I think it's their responsibility to do so.

Again, please provide the proof to correct me if I'm wrong. It won't be the first time.

And we do agree on the "fly by night" outfits with little presence and no references, although I don't know enough about this particular case to say either way.

Last edited:
Yeah, no, they aren't vetted.

If I'm mistaken please correct me by posting the SCI and DSC written outfitter vetting policy on this thread. It would be helpful for us all to know how they ensure an outfitter is above board and financially viable. And by the way, I don't consider being a member of a home country hunting organization to be vetting.

There is a big difference from taking complaints after the fact and an actual pre-show vetting policy that DSC and SCI stand behind. Neither organization does that, nor do I think it's their responsibility to do so.

Again, please provide the proof to correct me if I'm wrong. It won't be the first time.

And we do agree on the "fly by night" outfits with little presence and no references, although I don't know enough about this particular case to say either way.

I’m in agreement with Royal. There are many good outfitters in AK. However, there are a few truly bad ones. One of the worst is at SCI and DSC every year. I’ll say no more, but I strongly encourage folks to do their own research.

A real shame that there are people like him in the industry.

It is interesting the number of outfitters, who have won SCI Outfitter/PH of the Year, have documented and credible complaints against them.

It is interesting the number of outfitters, who have won SCI Outfitter/PH of the Year, have documented and credible complaints against them.

It's almost like credibility can be bought. Nah.....

And some have serious game violations and other felonies.

Vetted or not, good rep or not. There is only one guarantee in life,,, that it ends someday. I have never been to one of the big shows and dont intend to. I am sure its a good time, but I would be more comfortable choosing one of the many outfitters on this site than some show goer's.
Trying to have an important conversation is difficult at the shows. Only been to a local one here a couple of times and only to visit with a PH I have hunted with twice. He doesnt come anymore so I dont go anymore.

@Philip Glass
I am not sure where @Serbian Hunter lives. Many members here are not from the United States. I assume the conventions mentioned are in the USA , and that may not be convenient for many here to visit to plan a hunt.

I rely on this forum and its members to a great extent. If I told my wife I need to fly to another country to meet people to possibly book a hunt with.... Well I don't think it would go over well.

Last edited:
@Philip Glass
I am not sure where @Serbian Hunter lives. Many members here are not from the United States. I assume the conventions mentioned are in the USA , and that may not be convenient for many here to visit to plan a hunt.

I rely on this forum and its members to a great extent. If I told my wife I need to fly to another country to meet people to possibly book a hunt with.... Well I don't think it would go over well.
I live in Serbia, Europe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg