375Fox

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zambia, Namibia, South Africa
I’m in agreement with Royal. There are many good outfitters in AK. However, there are a few truly bad ones. One of the worst is at SCI and DSC every year. I’ll say no more, but I strongly encourage folks to do their own research.
Is there any easy way to research hunting violations for outfitters in Alaska? or see if they’ve ever had their federal land permits revoked?

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
I’ve never used an outfitter in AK as I’ve always hunted as a resident. My observations are based on what I have seen done by outfitters in the areas I’ve hunted. 99% are fantastic but there are a couple of bad apples. Of even greater importance is researching the air charter service. I’ve actually seen charter services drop customers off with a float plane without shutting down, I assume because they didn’t want the cycle on their engine. A good operator will never do this. Look into their safety records. There is wide variation in performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lara19J210

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh