mr-xcr

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Manitoba Wildlife Federation
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
I'm currently looking at booking a plains game hunt for 2012 through Go African Safaris and Global Safaris. The location is in Limpopo province and the PH is ALLAN WEIDEMAN. Anyone had some experience with this outfitter??? Look forward to hearing your comments and most of all the looking forward to the hunt.

xcr, A couple of questions.
Do you have references provided from the outfitter or agent?
What are you after?
Are these companies related? or two different outfitters?
Is Allan the outfitter or both the PH and Outfitter?

I have been dealing with Neil from Go African Hunting for arrangements of the trip and he has told me the outfitter and PH I will be with will be Allen. I have gone to the Global Safaris website and seen the testimonials from their clients from the past. All looks very well and Neil is great to deal with. All has been a positive experience. I'm just looking to see if anyone else has had great experiences with these gentlemen and their outfits.
Thanks again for any info.

Given all the warm fuzzy stories in the sales phase.
From what I am still learning here you need to ask some harder questions to perform your due diligence before parting with your money. AS, you will be parting with your money! :)

IMO
I would ask about nightmares and problems and see what kind of responses you get.
As well, CONTACT those references directly.
Not just read what is posted on the web site.
No issues will be put up on the promotional website.

This post is not related but I would suggest you read the "warning post about Safrique" to get some ideas.

Good luck and happy hunting.

mr-xcr
BRICKBURN has made some good points another thing you may want to look at is how long has Go African Hunting been an agent for hunters going to Africa and how long has he been Representing Global Safaris if he's been doing it for a while then they should be good to go you don't keep a good reputation by screwing your client if he's only been doing it for a short time then as BRICKBURN said you may want to talk to his clients personally.

I know Global Safari and Allen, I have not hunted with him but have sent SCI members to him that have had terrific hunts with him and his company. He runs a great operation.

Thank you for your positive reply. Yes these are the words I'm looking for as want to experience the hunt of a lifetime and tell everyone who cares to listen. Anymore positive words are welcome gentlemen. So are the negative aswell which I'm hoping there are none. That's why I'm asking.
Looking forward to meeting this gentleman and his outfit.
Thanks again

Just an update from my up coming hunt in 3 weeks. Dealing with Allan has been all positive. He has been great to deal with. Communicates excellent with emails promptly and very understanding and informative with all my questions I have been asking. I'm looking forward to meeting him and his outfit shortly.

Post a hunt report when you return. In the last few weeks, I saw his outfitting area on "Northwest Hunter" a hunting show on a cable channel.

Hello All

I just came back from South Africa from a plains game hunt with Global Safaris for 8 days on their new ranch in the North West Province.
Wow!!!!!!! What an experience right from the moment I landed in SA to the moment I left.
My PH Ettiene Bouwer was amazing from the moment we met. He and I had an excellent hunt, many laughs and I know I have a true friend from this time on. His Professionalism was great the whole time we were together from the hunt, to sitting around the camp fire, to showing me around that great land, and being a friend while I was away from my family. The staff at the lodge were excellent while I was there with Nicolette's cooking keeping us fed all the time with true SA cooking. Eating Game meat from the hunt was never served better cooked on the Braai and all the SA fixings alongside to finish off the plate.
The trophies hunted on the ranch were a challenge to spot and stalk which was very satisfying as a true hunt had been had. I was very satisfied with the quality of trophies hunted as well with many pictures and of course memories to last a life time. I cant wait to get all my trophies back from the taxidermists to display in my home and tell all the stories to go along with this fantastic hunt and ponder memories back to the hunt when I look at these animals on my walls.
This outfit surely knows how to treat someone they bring in like their family and show them an excellent time. I thank them all for the great time I had, the company they kept with me while I was there away from my family and treating me as I was one of them and not just another client that showed up for them to entertain.
Thank You to everyone for everything at Global Safaris, Especially a True PH Ettiene.
Thanks Buddy

mr-xcr

congrats to your successful trip.

see at the top right of your post, mr-xcr has not pictures. I hope that changes soon along with the story. we are all patiently waiting. all the fuss and worrying for nothing, right! i suppose you will tell us you are already looking forward to your next trip. i would be surprised if you said NO!

Jerome will help post the pics if need be. He's been my savior and a good guy to boot.

Thanks for the hunt report mr-xcr! Hope you will share some pictures with us.

Thanks for the report mr-xcr glad to hear you had a great time, looking forward to some pics.:)

Hey Guys

Here are some pictures as you requested for some.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Attachments

• P1000108.jpeg
    P1000108.jpeg
    396.9 KB · Views: 197
  • P1000131+1.jpeg
    P1000131+1.jpeg
    540.6 KB · Views: 204
  • P1000286.jpeg
    P1000286.jpeg
    435.9 KB · Views: 187
Congratulations on a successful hunt.
Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Thanks for sharing and congrats on a successful hunt!

Nice pictures, that oryx is HUGE!

Thanks for sharing! The mass on that oryx is unbelievable! Nice...

Thanks for sharing! The mass on that oryx is unbelievable! Nice...

+1!
If I see an Oryx like that on my hunt next year, I will for sure add that to my list :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross