SOUTH AFRICA: Another KMG Success Story

greyfox

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Just returned from South Africa with KMG, Marius will provide you with a fantastic hunting experience, guarenteed!! He has a new lodge to base out of so prepare yourself to be spoiled and fall in love with a country.
I will post pictures soon, getting back to my "normal" life here in the states at the moment.
My son and daughter in law joined me for the last few days, Katie shot a zebra and Matt took Imapala and duiker. I got everyhting on my wish list and could have added a few if they'd been bigger and ready for harvest, according to marius (PH). I took a full bag pf plaines game, springbuck, mountain reedbuck, Impala (even missed onat 50 yds broadside!!) warthog, bushbuck (old warrior!) Nyala and blesbok. all are true trophies.
They do a wonderful job at managing the animals and hunting at oyur pace and abilities.
Please feel free to pm me for info.

dscf0018-jpg.29547

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to pics and a full report. Sounds like you had a great hunt. Bruce

Glad you had a great time with Marius and KMG Grey Fox.

Looking forward to see the pictures.

Getting over that plane ride is the worst. Certainly the return direction.

Glad you had a great success.

Like the rest share some more when you get a moment in the right time zone.

I'm hunting with him in June next year. Can't wait. Glad you were successful. We here are anxiously waiting for the stories.

Good to hear that, Greyfox, looking forward for the story and pics....

Ok Greyfox, lets hear the "Rest of the Story" .

Add a picture or 2 if you have em...:)

Congrats! Greyfox now you've been back for over an hour I'm waiting on the report and pics! :ROFLMAO: get some rest it'll wait til tonight.

Greyfox, glad to see you are back and looking forward to your report. It was a pleasure sharing camp with you and your family and the guys at KMG! I am still in Capetown, but heading back in the am, and will post a report upon return. Once again, a pleasure meeting you and your family.

adgunner, the pleasure was all ours,
anyone know how to post pics?

everyone heading over, beware of the "South African Stomach flu"!! I lost an entire day in the bed, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

adgunner, the pleasure was all ours,
anyone know how to post pics?

everyone heading over, beware of the "South African Stomach flu"!! I lost an entire day in the bed, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Viral? Bacterial? Food? Water?

May have to just drink beer......... :)

No idea, I'm not a doctor or chemist! I didn't sleep well the third night in camp, I was freezing and couldn't stop shaking or get warm, Finally woke at 6 ande the sheets were soaked from sweating, so I figured I'd broke the fever, felt OK but not 100% which I conveyed to Marius, we went hunting and after 2 short stalks, I knew I was not in it for the long run so I told him and he took me to the drugstore to get some OTC stuff. Met the Chemist who told me of the South Africa Stomach Flu. Maalox and aspirin and a flu tablet (thera-flu like) and Airborne, slept all day and all night and woke the next day at 100%. I'd guess bacterial because my ribs and chest hurt like bronchitious but I'm pretty tough for an old guy.
When I heard "flu" I was thinking 5-7 days!!! Fortunately it was some 24 hour bug.

Glad you were able to whack it in one day!

Yikes.... Glad you recovered in time to have a good time! My daughter reminded me yesterday of the full day she stayed in bed because of a headache. I think my other daughter and I went out to find a warthog while she was laying in bed. In the end, Randee was able to go out and hunt and shot a nice Impala ram with Marius.

Looking forward to hearing the full report.

The local docs took care of me quickly after a bout of TBF.
Same thing, took the drugs and next day I was 100% ready to rock.

Another satisfied KMG customer!!! Juse what I would expect. :)

Goo reminder that I need to go get Cipro though...

Glad you got over your illness. We all look forward to seeing your pictures!

OK, trying this early Wednesday morning, Springbuck and Mountain Reedbuck.
The MR was my #1 animal, Marius indicated that he'd never had a client with MR as #1 and never heard of anyone wanting MR as #1!! Reminds me of a whitetail with mountain goat horns, watched a couple fight, watched the winner, had a chance at a 400 yds shot, closed to 225 but not a clear shot, closed to 195 prone, one shot dropped on the spot, no tracking!
Springbuck was with a group of bachelors, one shot 225 straight down.
My introductions to Africa and stalking.

Attachments

• DSCF0018.JPG
    DSCF0018.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 757
  • DSCF0035.JPG
    DSCF0035.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 276
My bushbuck, one horn was broken and was regrowing, the core was growing back. Tough shot, down hill off the sticks and my whole body was leaning down the hill. I saw this great animal and thought it was a juvenile Nyala, Marius said No, Reedbuck and huge, can you take him?? Then I realized what a trophy he truly is, hard earned, just two old warriors in the photo...

Attachments

• DSCF0067.JPG
    DSCF0067.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 264

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg