SOUTH AFRICA: Andri Fox Safaris Hunt

great reading and pics.

That afternoon we planned on going to look for a Kudu for me. I told Andri that I would like one to better mine at home. Beans @tootabivalleysafaris had been off on a hunt and I was looking forward to meeting him and Andri told me he was back and asked if we wanted to go see him. Load up the castle cooler and let's go! I had a great visit and what a magnificent place he has. The renovation of his lodge is top notch. Saxon and the dogs got along famously while we made sure our livers were not left out of the fun. Beans is a great guy and I wish him much success. I look forward to hunting with him one day. And Beans I appreciate the hospitality and really enjoyed my time at your place.

image.jpeg

Saxon glassing a warthog from Bean's front lawn.

Cody, was great to have you here. Looking forward to see you again in the neat future.

It will be a blast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our final day was upon us, I hate the last day of any hunt, especially in Africa.
We made our way to a valley that was full of citrus orchards, the name escapes me but the smell still lingers in my mind. We were looking for my shooter kudu. We drove through what seemed like miles of citrus trees to an area that looked a lot like the big bend country, very contrast to the orchards that we had been driving through. We drove around the property for a good while, seeing zebra, Blesbuck, giraffes, Impala, blue wildebeest and kudu. We walked out several finger ridges and looked into canyons, but no kudu.
Andri and I walked down a trail to a hide that was set up over looking a truck load of oranges that had been dumped for the purpose of this kudu quest. In came a herd of blue wildebeest, voracious orange eaters they were, then kudu, a couple small bulls and several cows.
image.jpeg

It was great watching them eat the oranges, funny how they got them to the back of their mouth and devoured them.
We watched duiker run in and out amongst the kudu which was awesome. Right before dark a young kudu cow walked right down the trail and passed us at no more than 10 yards. No big bull and I was alright with that, I was more than alright with everything. I think Andri wanted a big bull to come out more than I did. He could have had me shoot a number of Bulls during this trip, but he knew what I wanted and was more driven to get me "my bull" than he was to get a trophy fee for "a bull", this in my mind speaks volumes about this man's character and I am glad to call him a friend. I will be back to hunt with Andri in the near future.
image.jpeg

My last sunset in the beautiful EC.

Thank you for reading and your comments along the way. And thanks Andri for such a memorable trip, I wish you the best.
Keep on swinging,
Cody

I saw that in a pic and was wondering what it was. Interesting.

Cody has a beer hidden in that thing. He just calls it a gun rest!

Outstanding report Cody.

And you are deservedly proud of your young man. He did great!

Tim

Outstanding report Cody.

And you are deservedly proud of your young man. He did great!

Tim
Thanks Tim! He did very proud. His Grandpa told me that his stories were endless. Hopefully we can get him a nice bull up in Montana over Thanksgiving. I'm going to try to find my youngest Weston a blackbuck or something in Texas this year. He was quite perturbed that he didn't get to go to Africa. I made him a promise that I will take him to hunt with Andri when he gets older. I'm looking forward to that one just as much. I was blessed with two keepers for sure!
Cheers,
Cody

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jemsbond

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.