AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
It has taken over over a year to get to this point but here we are, sitting on the tarmack at Edmonton International Airport waiting to get up in the air for the short flight to Vancouver, to be followed by two long hauls to London, and Johannesberg respectively.

As I sit here sipping my water, wondering why it isn't a gin and tonic, I am reflecting back on the last fourteen months and the hours I get everything in order to make this trip happen!

Time to sit back, relax, and pen this tale of a lifetime to that will in no doubt pale in comparison to some of the great novelists that are found on this amazing forum!

Paw Print here I come!!!!

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am glad the day has come for you to leave. I have been living this trip in my head with you as we worked on it. Pieter is all ready for you and the hunting will be amazing when you get there. Good luck and I will not post your pictures till you get back so you can.

Good luck billc

Have great time! I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventure an seeing pictures.

have a fantastic hunt ,aaron , looking foreward to reading this adventure
enjoy the experience , sights,sounds and smells of the African bush
hope your opportunities far exceed ,your expectations

I have 5 months to go so I'll have to enjoy yours for now. Safe travels, have a great hunt and let us know how it went!

Good luck Aaron.
Take lots of pictures.

Enjoy.

Good luck, take lots of pics, enjoy!!

Best of luck, can't wait for the pictures!

Just think you are Ernest Hemingway !!!
Write everything down , then fill the gaps you missed the nights you drink to much or are just to buggered to write .
Sit back in your best chair with your favourite drink when you get home and start typing , if its still called that .
Writers are not good hunters , But hunters make the best writers as they see things others do not .
GEZZZ im full of shit tonight .
Have a great time , shoot more than you can afford .
Look forward to your in-depth report .
Cheers Dory .

Hoping you have the best of luck, and many stories when you return!

No safari like the first one. It cant be repeated, so soak up all that you can for the memories. Take lots of pix and shoot straight!

No safari like the first one. It cant be repeated, so soak up all that you can for the memories. Take lots of pix and shoot straight!

This!

The only other thing I'd add is that when you put your feet on the actual hunting grounds the trip is a success. Everything after that is a bomus! :)

Day one is in the salt.

Landed at Jnb around 715 with SAA and was greeted outside the gate by a Air2000 Representative who whisked me through customs with no questions asked and walked out to see a Paw Print Safari sign in Pieters hands waiting for me.

We had one hold up as the man with my rifle permit got stuck in traffic, but I'm on holidays and have no where to be and all day to get there! We had coffee at the airport and ten minutes after his arrival we were leaving the parking lot headed for Flintbek Lodge!

Have fun trying to sleep! :ROFLMAO:

:A Big Hello::A Big Hello::A Big Hello: I slept for about a 1/2hr during a 15 hr flight. Like brick says, good luck sleeping. Best of luck to you on your safari.

Look forward to another update in a day or two!

Ok I'll be patient on updates as long as they start coming in tomorrow. Good luck. Reedy how many days do you have?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineT

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!