Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
I double checked. My flight was on SAA Express, not Safair. They were the substitute for this year.

United has cancelled EWR to JNB flights until June 3, 2021.

From what I've researched, QATAR is now the only game in town for U.S. travelers and that's with a stop in Doha.
There are others like Ethiopian and KLM.

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

Scrumbag

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
BASC, SCI
Hunted
Europe
I think SAA had been struggling for sometime, CV19 just brought issues to a head.

Scrummy

Trogon

Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DU, RGS/AWS, NRA
Hunted
Eastern Cape, SA; KY, OH, IN, WI, AL, KS, ND, TX-USA
I will be flying Ethiopian from Washington DC in mid April to Johannesburg SA and on to Port Elizabeth. Not bringing any rifles and will use my PH's rifles available (7mm RM or 300 WM). I went this route from the get-go as I thought it would be easier for me on my first trip to Africa. Now I'm on my 4th attempt? to make my trip happen.

Ed Lally

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA, Canada, South Africa
We are flying Qatar - Boston to Doha to JNB in May, then FastJet to Vic Falls and back to JNB 2+ weeks later for a few days, then AirLink to Port Elizabeth and back 1+ week later, then Qatar back to Boston. All with firearms and reasonable extra baggage fees. Beware AirLink out of Zim to anywhere - 20 kg max luggage. Extra at $10 a kg. Correct. US$10 per kg!!!!!

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Uncertainty of flights to and from RSA is the reason I booked through Emirates to go to Harare end of July instead of using my existing vouchers with THY to JNB and back.

Kevin Peacocke

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
Why? We are better off now than what we were last year. We have more airlines now flying with firearms domestically and there are endless options on international flights. United also have the option direct from Newark to JHB.
Agree, things are normalising fast. The more that use these opened up services the better gets. Have you taken a look at SA and Zim covid stats lately? Curves have nose dived, looking good.

Scott CWO

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, WSF, RMEF, GSCO, and NRA
Hunted
Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV

Scott CWO

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, WSF, RMEF, GSCO, and NRA
Hunted
Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV
We are flying Qatar - Boston to Doha to JNB in May, then FastJet to Vic Falls and back to JNB 2+ weeks later for a few days, then AirLink to Port Elizabeth and back 1+ week later, then Qatar back to Boston. All with firearms and reasonable extra baggage fees. Beware AirLink out of Zim to anywhere - 20 kg max luggage. Extra at $10 a kg. Correct. US$10 per kg!!!!!
Does Airlink charge these prices from JNB to Botswana??

Ed Lally

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA, Canada, South Africa
With AirLink, almost every internationalevery flight to/from RSA has different excess baggage charges. 20 kg is the permitted baggage. My wife and I are touring, then hunting Zim, then touring, then hunting RSA, then home. We have 2 carry-ons, three checked bags and a rifle case - over $1000 in excess baggage charges with AirLink to Zim and return. FastJet allows a carry-on and 1 checked bag on their cheapest flight. It is $30 for an extra checked bag. Instead of $1000++, we paid $120. You need to check AirLink's web site for the excess baggage charges for the different countries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thabettj77

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

trstallone wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
I've Hunted So.Africa, love to try Romania
Clifford Johnson wrote on Mark A Ouellette's profile.
Mark, How did your hunt go with Wayne in Zimbabwe?
Cliff
Spartan2473 wrote on tnshooter's profile.
Hey buddy,
Have a great hunt in West TN. Looking forward to planning this next safari with you.

we’ll talk soon!
Hello thanks for acceptance to the group, I live on baffin island. Anyone ever hunt in the Arctic?