Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Africa/Canada/United States
Has anyone on AH hunted with African Cape Trophy Safaris? I couldn't find anything in the hunting report section and I am looking to book a 2013 hunt to the Eastern Cape. If any of you could recommend a good outfitter let me know. My primary target is a Cape Kudu and Cape Bushbuck.

Welcome to AH jcmcgregor.
Read a few of the latest hunt reports here on AH and you will see several outfitters that operate in the area you are looking at.
KMG, Marius
CT Chris
Ferdi V

Good luck.
(Sorry I have not heard of the outfit you are inquiring about.)

jcmcgregor

Welcome, good question, if our members have any information it will be forth coming.

Like Brickburn indicated there PH's and outfitters on AH that operate in the area that you are looking. that will provide you with a memorable safari experience.

Second you should review the outfitter section and search for outfitters and PH's for the area you are wanting to go and contact them.

Now if you are willing to provide a trophy priority list AH members will be able to guide you to a PH that we have used over the years to make your safari a truly memorable experience.

Are you just looking at South Africa or could Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe or Mozambique fill the safari ticket?

Several good outfitters on this site.
In addition i will mention Bowker safaris, wich i hunted with last year. They have a LOT of cape kudu.

Has anyone on AH hunted with African Cape Trophy Safaris? I couldn't find anything in the hunting report section and I am looking to book a 2013 hunt to the Eastern Cape. If any of you could recommend a good outfitter let me know. My primary target is a Cape Kudu and Cape Bushbuck.

I have hunted with them, Gary and Bob will take excellent care of you and they have some new areas that look fantastic, no need to worry you are in good hands. Good luck on your trip.

Thanks for the input. The problem I have is limited time due to work and a long list of hunts I want to do. I hunt primarily with my brother and we have done the Limpopo region a couple of times. My 2011 trip left me with a love hate relationship with my outfitter. The lodging and food were great. The problem was he never showed up in camp and the PH wouldn't get out of the truck. My brother and I spent well over 50K together for a 10 day hunt and by the end of it we thought we were some kind of second class citizen. We hunted with the same outfitter in 2009 and were treated like royalty. We are looking to go back in 2013 and are split between either an eastern cape hunt for bushbuck and kudu or a free range hunt further north in CAR or Barkino Faso. My brother has yet to bag the grey ghost and I cant manage to shoot a bushbuck to save my life. I guess that's why they call it hunting! The eastern cape will allow us both another opprotunity or if we head up north then I can still fulfill my dream of a bushbuck and also the excitement of a free range hunt.

jsmcgregor,

Welcome to AH.
Are you looking to book your hunt through Bob? For he books for three outfitters and this in one of them. I have booked twice with Bob, once to Limpopo at Cruisers Safaris and took a Gold Bushbuck as well as other high quality animals, (the owner has taken the new SCI #1 Bushbuck) check my pics here. I am also hunting Kwa Zulu Natal all free range this Aug. with www.trophysafais.com through Bob. I trust him and his outfitters. They have awesome Bushbuck here too, Your EC Kudu will be smaller then your Southern Greater Kudu, but some outfitters have the Greater in the EC also.

I've done the Northwest Province too, being in the Kalahari Dessert the quality of animals is outstanding, highly reccommended area. We traveled to the Limpopo to hunt the Bushbuck but did not get one, it has taken me three trips to secure a Bushbuck.

Good luck and PM me if you like to discuss further.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

"A Dream can be relived, again and again in Africa".

Thanks for the input. The problem I have is limited time due to work and a long list of hunts I want to do. I hunt primarily with my brother and we have done the Limpopo region a couple of times. My 2011 trip left me with a love hate relationship with my outfitter. The lodging and food were great. The problem was he never showed up in camp and the PH wouldn't get out of the truck. My brother and I spent well over 50K together for a 10 day hunt and by the end of it we thought we were some kind of second class citizen. We hunted with the same outfitter in 2009 and were treated like royalty. We are looking to go back in 2013 and are split between either an eastern cape hunt for bushbuck and kudu or a free range hunt further north in CAR or Barkino Faso. My brother has yet to bag the grey ghost and I cant manage to shoot a bushbuck to save my life. I guess that's why they call it hunting! The eastern cape will allow us both another opprotunity or if we head up north then I can still fulfill my dream of a bushbuck and also the excitement of a free range hunt.

That is precisely why I prefer to hunt with a small outfit, personalized service from people who genuinely care about your experience.

I have gone 2x with Chris Troskie and if you want a Bushbuck and Kudu I would suggest hunting KZN with him. Free range hunting with plenty of SG Kudu and Cape Bushbuck. He also hunts in th EC and I took 2 excellent Bushbuck with him in Limpopo and saw quiet a few other real nice ones. He has both free range and high fence areas in each province.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go789click

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois