30.9 Sable 4 TC- AAA.jpg
31 sable TC- AAA.jpg
31.1  Sable2 TC- AAA.jpg
30.7 Red HB- AAA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
29.1 L ele ft stool.png
29.2 me coffe cup.jpg

Day 6 Travel Day- again

We are up early again, as usual. At breakfast, two new hunters arrive from the States. I can see the look in their faces as they tour the lodge. It’s the same astonishment we had 6 days ago. I will say this to anyone considering hunting at AAA Serapa, at first glance on the website or brochures I was unsure if I would fit in or if I would feel “comfortable” staying at this lodge and hunting. Sounds funny to some, but these are not the surrounding I’m accustomed. All that anxiety disappeared with the first 10 minutes. We were truly welcomed and despite the fancy setting, there was never a pretentious attitude or feeling. We were able to relax and enjoy the accommodations for what they were, OUTSTANDING! Whether you’re a Crown Prince or hillbilly, countrified, Texan redneck, you’ll be right at home.

We pack our bags, say our goodbyes and load into our arranged shuttle van for the 6 hr drive to our next adventure.

I will cover the second part in another thread- stay tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing the first prat of your journey with us! Look forward to the new thread on part 2!

Fantastic report, thanks for sharing with us your wonderful experience!

Really enjoyed Part 1 of your report. And the trail cam pics were the cherry on top of the sundae! I was planning on taking mine along on my recent hunt and at the last minute decided not too. Now I'm kicking myself! Looking forward to Part 2!

Glad a few enjoyed it. I have part two almost ready but this moving houses is kicking my rear at the moment.

Those pics bring back memories, I was there in 2010, but stayed at the old lodge, I did tour the new one, as it was nearly completed .

Nice report and pictures, and very good trophies !

Congratulation for the hunt! .
Every day I returned from my work waiting for new chapters of this story.

Part 1 was riveting can’t wait for the second installment

Great story

You made me miss Serapa. I was there last year.

Anxiously waiting for part 2. Great report, thank you for taking us along. (y)(y)

Any estimate on those Sable?

I don't pretend to be an expert but I had the largest around 40-41. There were several that would have been 39+ for sure.

Welcome to AH Theuni !! I hope you didn't catch me lying to much :LOL: Tell Theuns hi for us.
Glad to have found this terrific piece of work well written Joe i could immediately put myself in the spot and relive the whole hunt all over again every minute of every day. Theuns loves it also and says hi to Uncle Joe and Lisa

Got news my crate has hit US soil. Now on to Customs and USFW before release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg