SOUTH AFRICA: A Great Time With Warthog Safaris

a summary to follow ...

Fantastic trip and trophies Incredible Memories you'll have !!

Thanks Dennis! I can't wait to see what you do!!

Congrats! On your family hunt!

Congrats on your hunt- some great trophies you got! Very cool getting the civet and caracal!

Thanks! I was super excited about the cats and the whole family experience!!

a few more pics--food, socks, tooth brushes and soccer balls--my children realizing how blessed they are...priceless!

DSCN1510.JPG
DSCN1447.JPG
DSCN1481.JPG
DSCN1610.JPG
DSCN1598.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
DSCN1661.JPG
My son's blue wildebeest...

so bullet points for a summary--
1). Global entry is worth its weight in gold if time is valuable.
2). Direct flights from ATL to JNB are long no matter what you do--
3). Taking your family on safari is costly but priceless.
4). practice shooting until you have shot enough--and then shoot some more...
5). take plenty of pictures
6). don't overpack
7). find a PH you trust, then listen to them--they are the experts--you are the guests.
8). smell the trees, feel the sand, stare at the stars, be mesmerized by all that is Africa.
9). Squeeze the life out of every minute.
10). Shoot enough gun with enough bullet to get the job done.
11).Watching your children harvest game with accurate shots and easy game location after the shot means the practice was worthwhile.
12). Tienie and Ananja Bamberger of Warthog Safaris treated us like royalty and their operations/farm/camp are great--the food was fantastic, the gathering around the fire every evening was a great time to reflect, the camp was comfortable, the game was plentiful, the trackers and skinners did a phenomenal job, and again, I can't give them enough praise for caring for my family. The greatest compliment is that they treat us like family!
13). If at all possible, give back to the community around you--whether in the States or abroad--we do not know who or how we will impact others with a kind word, a simple gesture, a cup of cold water...
14). The scratches on my legs will heal from wearing shorts--the memories of how I got them hopefully will last a long time!
15). 300 grain Swift A frames do the job from the 375, and 117 grain interlock Hornady's did just fine with the 25.06. ( and did I already say I was glad we practiced?)
16). Predator hunting is addictive...
17). Take what the bush gives you...
18). Watch and remember as many sunrises and sunsets as God gives you...
19). take your family with you as often as you can...
20). On the return flight, go ahead and begin planning your return trip...
DSCN2213.JPG

Awesome Adventure.
I am also from N.C.( Outer banks). Forrest

Forrest--It was a fantastic adventure for sure--we found tickets 400 dollars cheaper thru RDU so we drove 4 hours from South Carolina. Saved enough money to pay for the predators...
love the Outer Banks--I've hunted ducks out of Pamlico Bay and the OB and had a great fishing trip out of Pirate's Cove with a friend! LOVE IT!

Great report on a wonderful hunt. Congratulations, and it's always special if you can have family along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross