Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Diamond Z Outdoors
African Plains Game Hunt near Grahamstown, South Africa October 23 to November 2

Outfitter/PH: Nick Bowker

+DGwnhnTTFCtaDMNqU8Rug.jpg

My name is Sol Griffith and I run Diamond Z Outdoors. We are a small (but growing) organization dedicated to wildlife conservation, promoting fair-chase hunting, preservation and care of public land, and introducing the sportsman way of life to new hunters.

Growing up I was an avid reader and "Green Hills of Africa" by Ernest Hemingway and "African Game Trails" By Theodore Roosevelt where always favorites I probably read both at least 10 times each. I had a deep passion for hunting from an early age and hunting the Dark Continent has always been a dream.

This last fall I had the opportunity to finally make that dream a reality and booked a plains game hunt with Nick Bowker. I chose to hunt with Nick because first and foremost he runs a low-fence, free range operation with no captive-bred, or planted animals. The second reason was do to the hunt value. 7 animals for an unbeatable price. Nick was great to work with and very understanding as we ran into some difficulties with getting dates worked out, but it all came together in the end.

CVK1bH8mR9mGma%p7Sh3Vw.jpg

The hunt itself was superb, I enjoy stretching shots out there so was very comfortable with the shot opportunities that I got, shots ranged from 60 yards to 640. It was a true hunt, we got lucky with a few animals, but we put in work on some of the others. All-in-all I ended up harvesting 8 animals,
seven trophy animals, and one cull.
  • Kudu
  • White Blesbuck
  • Impala
  • Springbuck
  • Warthog
  • Mountain Reedbuck
  • Black Wildebeest
  • Cull Springbuck
My wife was able to shoot a beautiful impala ram and a cull warthog as well. I have already booked my next hunt and I cannot wait to go back.

As an amateur film maker, I was able to capture all of the hunts on video and will have the videos attached if you would enjoy watching them. For me I have a better time telling a story with video rather than words so I will let the videos tell the story.

I still have a few more I need to edit and get posted, but if you like the videos that I do have up, you could subscribe to the channel and see them as they get uploaded. You can also find us on Facebook @ Diamond Z Outdoors

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Africa is definitely a place you want to get back to as often as you can. Heading back May 2020 for the fourth time. Great photos!

Congratulations

Uh oh! Another addicted hunter! Yep, we all get the bug after the first trip! Highly addictive!
Thanks for sharing your adventure!

WOW!!! JUST WOW!!! Here's a new concept, hunt reports with video to help is those difficult times when mere words fail to discribe the event.

Congrats on your hunts and thanks for attaching videos.

Congrats on your hunt, and the videos !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg