Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
ECGMA, PHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe
We're currently hunting with the family, Tim, Deb, Jordan, Brooke and friend Colin from Wisconsin. PH Arnold Klaasen and Jordan shot this cape kudu bull a couple of days ago.

dsc_0302_copy.jpg

He measures L=56 3/4, R=55, Bases 9.5 per side. Jordan was looking for something completely different and he certainly got what he bargained for. Although far from a classic kudu bull, once officially measured he's expected to be near the top of the SCI book for Cape Kudu. Like Arnold so humbly says "even a blind chicken can pick up a piece of corn once in awhile". Well done to Jordan on an outstanding hunt and once in a lifetime trophy.

jordan_kudu_sjull.jpg

Jordan also hunted a blesbuck, springbuck, impala, nyala, bushbuck and blue wildebeest

dsc_0199_copy.jpg
dsc_0201_copy.jpg
dsc_0220_copy.jpg
dsc_0209_copy.jpg
dsc_0280_copy.jpg
dsc_0225_copy.jpg

After 14 fruitless days in Zimbabwe last year, Colin and PH Craig got a fantastic Cape Buffalo after 4 days of hard hunting. He followed that up with a red lechwe and a kudu. Colin's luck has certainly changed on this trip.

dsc_0128_copy.jpg
imgp6526.jpg
imgp6536_copy.jpg

Jordan's father Tim, hunted with Nibbs and they began their hunt with a great sable. During the course of the week Tim has hunted hard and taken an eland, springbuck, nyala and bushbuck. He shot a kudu in deepest darkest Africa and it took the whole force of the hunting team to recover it from where it lay precariously on a mountain.

100_1941_copy.jpg
eland_copy.jpg
100_1952_copy.jpg
100_1956_copy.jpg
100_1961_copy.jpg

Well done guys on a great hunt so far! It’s been a week filled with fun and lots of laughter. Last hunting day today and Colin got a great nyala and Tim a Waterbuck with a beautiful curving set of horns. Jordan, Brooke, Deb and Linday spent the day in Port Elizabeth at the beach shopping.

dsc_0171_copy.jpg
100_1989_copy.jpg

Guest Comments -

I can't write a message to you that is fully adequate to thank you, Lindsay and all of your great staff for making my safari with Karoo Wild Safaris such a wonderful trip. I enjoyed every moment of the days I spent with you. I really appreciate your organizational skills and very personal and professional attention you applied to all of us. We simply could not have had the great opportunities and results without your assistance . I have been on many very nice hunting and fishing trips all over the world. This trip was simply the best. What more can I say?

Finally getting that Cape Buffalo was a major goal of my life. I can't tell you what that means to me. The red lechwe and nyala are terrific trophies. Tim and Jourdan did exceptionally well. I can't wait to see how that kudu measurement turns out.

Lindsay, thank you for your many courtesies

- Colin

I simply can't thank you and your whole crew enough for the experience of a lifetime. Having the opportunity to hunt all around the world I have to admit that this was one of my favorite hunts. Getting the chance to see my dear friend Colin finally get his cape buffalo, my son Jordan take a kudu of a lifetime, and to finally get my sable was truly special. The reality is that those were only some of the special moments. Getting to hunt with Nibbs as well as the sharing of stories and laughter by the fire with new friends, old friends, and family is simply awesome. We appreciate the effort you, your wife, and your entire staff made to make this a truly epic hunt. We can't wait to hunt with you again in the future.

- Tim

The family did well!! Many nice trophies and congrats to all!

Some great success.
Congratulations.

Yes some very nice trophies. Congrats to all well done!

Looks like an excellent trip. Well done to all the folks at Karoo Wild!

Well done, congrats to you and the hunters.

Looks like a great hunt, and I'm not trying to take away from that, but here's a question. What makes a Cape Kudu a Cape Kudu. Is it strictly location? Could a 60" Kudu be trucked in from Limpopo, shot in the Cape, and voila you have the record Cape Kudu? I'm not saying that this is the case here by any means, just a question that popped into my head. Congrats to the hunter!

Yes it could be theoretically trucked in and shot. But this one wasn’t. I know for a fact that it wasn’t and it had the colour of a cape kudu.

That kudu has some seriously good genetics......................all of the trophies are well above average.....................congrats to hunters and PH's..............FWB

Congratulations on the trophies and the memories!!

That's one heck of a haul! Congrats to all involved.

beyond all the great trophies, are the lifelong memories!!
congratulations!!

Interesting shape to that kudu.

Congratulations. Incredible trophies. I think it should be required that all hunts have a WI Africa Hunting member on them as yours did. I am volunteering to be that WI member! Great animals.

Lot of nice animals there for sure. The one kudu's horns look like they came off a lesser kudu, very straight and tight. Unusual for greater.

What a trip for that family! Congratulations all around

Hunt of a lifetime! The memories will last long after you return home. Excellent!

Beautiful Trophies, awesome adventure. Forrest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg