Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
You could also do european mounts,( if you like them, of course), save on taxidermy and get more trophies.

Johnny7604

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, FMFG
Hunted
Canada (BC, AB), RSA (Limpopo), RSA (KwaZulu-Natal)
Thanks again for everyone's help so far, it has been extremely useful. I am very impressed with the community that has developed around this forum. What a stellar bunch of folks.

You could also do european mounts,( if you like them, of course), save on taxidermy and get more trophies.

I will probably do a variety of different mounts. It will likely depend on what I wind up getting when I'm there.

Thank again,

John

gbalog

Reaction score
Hello John: This is my first post on this site, but thought I'd give you a reply because my I, my wife, son, and a good friend have just returned from our first African safari. We used Garry Kelly Safaris and ....you guessed it.....The Hunting Consortium. I am, by no means, an expert on the subject, but since you sound like you're planning a similar venture, I might be of some help. First and foremost...DO IT. We had a fantastic time hunting in the Mkhuze Game Reserve near Kruger Park and ZuluWaters Game Reserve in Natal Midlands. Garry Kelly set us up with 2 great PHs...excellent guides, knowledgeable about the animals, and great fun to be with. Bob Kern 's operation at the Hunting Consortium planned our 3-part trip with "military precision"...everything was organized for us, and they were most patient with all of our "first-timer" questions. I think you have picked 2 winners for your first safari. I don't want to bore the other good folks on this forum, so if you would like to talk further with me, feel free to send an e-mail at gbalog@hotmail.com or call me at 410-287-5086. Good luck with your trip, and don't forget...planning is half the fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgianna

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.