SOUTH AFRICA: 1st Safari!!!!

Last day, I decided if we could find a big Blesbok I would attempt to give him a dirt nap. After looking over huge numbers of small rams & females, we finally found a great ram and the chase was one. Using the hillside and trees , we able to close the distance to 175 yards. I took the shot & center punched him. He still ran 150 yards before tipping over
20180607_084835.jpg

And that was a wrap to an unbelievable first trip to South Africa......I will be making a return visit

great report, it truly is an amazing place

Yes, trophy smiles in all the pictures. :D

Thanks for the story. (y)(y)(y)

You had a great hunt. That is a beautiful Kudu. They are one of my favorite animals to hunt. Congrats.
Bruce

Congrats on a heck of a trip. That kudu is awesome!

Awesome first Africa hunt! You took some great trophies, but I’m really jealous of the smaller critters! Good shooting!
Thanks for sharing your hunt with us!

Great hunt. Thx for posting. I could feel the emotion of your first few animals, especially the Kudu. I felt the same way on my first hunt in 2014. Could hardly believe I was there.

Congrats, sounds like a great trip and you got some really fantastic animals!

Congrats on your first hunt! Ours was last week too in Limpopo, SA. I went through the same range of emotions when I took a large Kudu bull on day 1. Your stories are entertaining and fun to read!

Some very nice animals and pictures. Looks like you had a blast. :A Way To Go:

Guster, thanks for sharing your very successful hunt with us. You took some great trophies. Just out of curiosity, what were the measurements on that Kudu? I agree with all of the others that think he is a dandy.

Congrats on the hunt and thanks again for sharing!

Guster, thanks for sharing your very successful hunt with us. You took some great trophies. Just out of curiosity, what were the measurements on that Kudu? I agree with all of the others that think he is a dandy.
He taped just over 53"

Great report, and some REALLY nice animals. sounds like you got bit by the goback bug over there as well. Glad your first was as memorable as mine!

Day 6. We sat a different water hole with an abundance of baboons.
Sat for 4 hours with only Guineas keeping us entertained. Then around 11:30 we could hear baboons coming.
I have never seen an animal this tuned in to its surroundings. After several minutes of slow calculated moves, I was able to take a 75 yard shot on the big Male in the troop.Wow can they take a bullet. View attachment 233470
Those things are hard to get a crack at. Nicely done.

You will feel that 2020 won't come quick enough. I will be taking part of my group back in 2020.

Your smile says everything that can be said!

Great report, love the photo's!

Thanks for sharing report, great pictures and beautiful animals. I completely agree how tough zebra are. It really shocked.me how far they can run with a good hit.

Congrats on the great trophies! I'm sure you will have many great memories for the years ahead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg