SOUTH AFRICA: 1st Africa Hunt With Molopo Kalahari Safaris In NW Province South Africa

Great hunt and even greater animals. Thanks for the report.
When I seen you hunted with Rudolf I expected you got nothing less then superb. I hunted with Rudolph in 2008 and had a superb hunt.

Thanks for the nice comments.
Regarding the long drive, we had the option of flying to Kimberly, but it still would have been a 4 hour drive from there - so it probably would have only saved us an hour or two after all the airport bs. I had read during my research that transferring firearms on flights within SA was more arduous than just picking them up in JNB, so we elected to take the drive. It wasn't terrible, and we got to see parts of SA that we wouldn't have otherwise. Much of the landscape during the trip looked remarkably like Nebraska or Oklahoma to me.

Dory, the rifle is a Blaser R8 with a professional success stock. My first Blaser after lusting after one for many years.

Brian

Hi Brian - some wonderful animals there - and old Africa hands reckon the Wildebeest was born sick, but gets better and livelier ever shot it takes ....

What was the nearest town, BTW? I lived in NW for many years and wonder where you guys were.

Thanks

Bren7x64, The nearest town is Bray. The owners property literally butts up to the Molopo riverbed between Botswana and SA.
acommodation-map-sa.gif

Brian

Attachments

• acommodation-map-sa.gif
    acommodation-map-sa.gif
    20 KB · Views: 254
Thanks for sharing. Beautiful trophies and lifetime memories. Congrats.

Hi Brian - I’d like to PM you as I am booked for a hunt with Rudolf in 2021. Love to chat with you if you are open to it?

9 hour drive seeing totally different part of the world? It would go by in 15 min for me...no way I would want to fly it.. fine report. Nice trophies. Like to see a recovered bullet...thanks ...FWB

Thanks for posting. You had a great trip!

Nice rifle. What caliber?

It is a Blaser r8 professional success in 300 wsm. Since the trip I added a 270 wsm that I hope to take next trip.
I have pro success in leather and my son has proS. Stick with the .300!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross