SOUTH AFRICA: 1st Africa Hunt With Molopo Kalahari Safaris In NW Province South Africa

RogerHeintzman

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI (Sioux Falls, SD) RMEF, NWTF, NRA, NTA, BCSC, SDTA, NDTA, P&Y,
Hunted
Zimbabwe, New Zealand, Canada (Ontario,British Columbia,Manitoba), USA (Colorado,Montana,Wyoming,Texas,South Dakota), Africa(Limpopo,NW Province, East Cape, Kwazulu Natal,) Namibia x3,
Great hunt and even greater animals. Thanks for the report.
When I seen you hunted with Rudolf I expected you got nothing less then superb. I hunted with Rudolph in 2008 and had a superb hunt.

Bren7X64

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SSAA, Australian Deer Association
Thanks for the nice comments.
Regarding the long drive, we had the option of flying to Kimberly, but it still would have been a 4 hour drive from there - so it probably would have only saved us an hour or two after all the airport bs. I had read during my research that transferring firearms on flights within SA was more arduous than just picking them up in JNB, so we elected to take the drive. It wasn't terrible, and we got to see parts of SA that we wouldn't have otherwise. Much of the landscape during the trip looked remarkably like Nebraska or Oklahoma to me.

Dory, the rifle is a Blaser R8 with a professional success stock. My first Blaser after lusting after one for many years.

Brian

Hi Brian - some wonderful animals there - and old Africa hands reckon the Wildebeest was born sick, but gets better and livelier ever shot it takes ....

What was the nearest town, BTW? I lived in NW for many years and wonder where you guys were.

Thanks

Brian Williams

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Bren7x64, The nearest town is Bray. The owners property literally butts up to the Molopo riverbed between Botswana and SA.

Brian

Attachments

• acommodation-map-sa.gif
    acommodation-map-sa.gif
    20 KB · Views: 109

Britt Beck

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
SCI. NRA. RMEF.
Hunted
USA CO OK NEB KS
Thanks for sharing. Beautiful trophies and lifetime memories. Congrats.

BGdino

Reaction score
Hi Brian - I’d like to PM you as I am booked for a hunt with Rudolf in 2021. Love to chat with you if you are open to it?

flatwater bill

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
NAMIBIA, RSA, KYRYG, KAZAKSTAN, MOZAMBIQUE,MEXICO, BOLIVIA, PERU, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, SPAIN,
9 hour drive seeing totally different part of the world? It would go by in 15 min for me...no way I would want to fly it.. fine report. Nice trophies. Like to see a recovered bullet...thanks ...FWB

Rick Cox

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Armstrong Fish and Game Club
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, British Colombia Ca.
Thanks for posting. You had a great trip!

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Nice rifle. What caliber?

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
It is a Blaser r8 professional success in 300 wsm. Since the trip I added a 270 wsm that I hope to take next trip.
I have pro success in leather and my son has proS. Stick with the .300!

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!
laurence burkin wrote on UKHunter's profile.
Hi the dude in the picture. It would be cool to know the area (genetics) of the stag you have in your profile picture. I am from New Zealand and shot a stag here that is almost identical, especially the throw backs. I can send you a photo to prove I'm genuine with my enquiry.