SOUTH AFRICA: 14 Days In Kwa-Zulu Natal A First Timer's Journey

Great report and a very enjoyable read! Thank you for taking time to share your adventure with all of us (y)

Wow! Just superb! great write up!

Enjoyed the timetable as it started about the time we got serious... In fact I think I have an idea as to why there was not much for 375 ammo in Rodgers. We went the first time in April and I'm sure I owned all that 375 ammo from that store a few months prior to that.

Absolutely fantastic trophies, especially for a first trip but anyone should be proud of those.

Bob

I was running across that side hill with you man. Brings back a few Mule Deer hunts.
It also helps to have been in some of the exact same spots you and/or bride were standing.
Running across those boulder strewn hills! I'm glad you did not break your leg.

Love that Kudu. I'll slobber over that Nyala for a long while.

Excellent, well written heart felt tale.

Thank you for spending the time and effort to share your time in Africa with us.

It was a great hunt report, with a lot of personal reflection...which I like a lot.

Very impressive story sir. Your trophies are wonderful. I'm glad your took you lady with you ....you both can share the memories. Thank you for sharing with us all.

Nice job on the story and photos - glad you had such a great first time safari!!!

Fantastic report! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Thank you everyone for all the compliments on our hunting report. It started out as just a diary, but ended up something a bit more it seems. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. I was inspired in part by reading the great hunting reports from all the other guys and gals here. Reading those hunt reports kept the dream alive for me over the last few years. I hoped I could pay it back a little for those who are waiting their turn for this thing we call safari.

For me the next year or two will be tough, waiting to go and see my African friends again. What shall I do? Where shall I hunt? What shall be the quarry? All questions for another day. For today I am satisfied with re-living the memories of this last fall. Cleaning my guns and gear, smiling as each piece reminds me of something we did, a place we were, or sparks from a memory of our trip. I think that is what makes these safari trips really worth the days and days of travel, the cost, and all the waiting. It's the memories that we hope will last forever, Not just the hero picture moments, but the little moments, that joke that that guy told at that waterhole, on that hot day, when we weren't seeing squat, that had us all crying with laughter etc. etc.

Thank you to all of you who helped us knowingly, or not, in the planning and decision making for our trip. All those posts on gear, what not to do, guns, etc. were really invaluable to us.

Mrs. Country misses Africa more than me I think, and thanks all of you for the support and the compliments also. I tried to explain to her the small brotherhood of folks that have traveled to Africa, the even smaller brotherhood that has hunted in Africa, and how very small the club was of women who have hunted on safari in Africa. I told her "you will be a part of that club for the rest of your life", and it's pretty exclusive. When we go back (I am optimistic) I don't know that she will hunt again, but she has the experience either way. She is ready to go back as soon as we can. This is a good thing!!

I know alot of the PH's and Outfitters are on the road and in the air heading toward convention season in the states. Safe travels to all, and hopefully we bump into a few of you...

Nyati, The Sipho you hunted with in 2010 is one and the same. Grand old fellow don't you think? I didn't have much need of his tracking skill with the animals I hunted, but truly enjoyed following tracks with him in the sands of the dry riverbeds just for fun. I'm betting Leo was your PH too? He and Sipho would have been part of Anton's KZN operation at that time.

ActionBob, AAAH so it was you!! that I have to thank for Cabela's Rogers not having any 375 ammo!!! Luckily the Gander Mountain Gun store is just down the road and had several options. If you are from the area, drop me a line sometime and we'll have a cold one and talk safari.

Big Country , well I´m glad to see gold old Sipho is fine and still going on. Yes he certainly is a grand old fellow !

My PH was not Leo, but Kobus Skribante a good professional, and very nice guy.

Outstanding. Thank you very much for sharing.

Great account of your safari, well worth the read! Excellent trophies for an excellent trip!

Excellent report and a great read!

Great report! You were able to put into words much of what I felt at the end of my safari. There was almost an out of body experience as if some part of me was trying to stay in Africa to be with its new love!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandaokelle05

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg