Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Yup, I am actually going to do this.

Kathy has talked me out of it a couple times already, but I think this makes sense.

I am not going to be making a hunt of any sort in the future that would be in the realm of what this rifle is needed for.

My future hunting is going to be puttering around my place in Missouri...and I surely cannot justify a safari-perfect rifle like this for that duty. Sad to say, but it appears my African Hunting Adventures will be limited to the one great trip I had in 2015.

Here are a few threads that will give you an idea of what is being sold:

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/leupold-vx6-on-boddington-kudu.16017/

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/south-africa-tootabi-hunting-safaris-in-the-pink.22691/

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/hunt-preparation-starts-now.13860/

Boddington Kudu with 30mm Ruger rings and Leupold VX-6 2-12X with illuminated dot.

Throat lengthened 0.200" to enable long seating of those long TTSX and 200+ grain lead core bullets.

Rifle has proven to work well on everything from 50 yard running Zebra to 300 yard whatever.

I have lots of heavy (200gr and 220gr) Partitions (Nosler seconds) that I can sell with the rifle for 30 cents each.

I have 10+ lbs of IMR 7828 SSC and 5 pounds of Re22 that I won't need anymore if the rifle sells.

I have about 200 rounds of practice/deer/hog hunting ammo with 180gr Hornady and 220gr Partitions (at 2,850 and 2,650 fps respectively).

I have about 100 new Hornady cases.

If the buyer of the rifle wants the reloading supplies, I will make you a good deal...I try to be easy to work with! :)

I can do ftf anywhere within 200 miles of a line between Houston, TX and St Louis, MO...or we can ship.

Price for rifle plus 30mm Ruger rings, 1" Quick Detach Talley rings and Leupold VX-6 is $2,000.

I can sell the rifle separate if needed. PM with needs, thoughts, ideas.

Yes, I will hate myself for selling this...but I have suffered my third oilfield bankruptcy in my retirement fund, and the hopes of another safari are gone, gone, gone. I need to cut the cord.

This rig is NOT listed anywhere else. If I don't sell it here, I will hang onto it for now. I want this rifle to go to someone who will hopefully take it back to Africa where it belongs!!

Thanks for looking,

Tim

full

Last edited by a moderator:
TE Hog.jpg

Works on piggies, too!

Tim,
There is light at the end of the tunnel my friend, I promise! Call me tomorrow on this!
Cody

Sorry to hear Tim, hopefully the rifle finds a new home!

Sorry to hear about the oilfield troubles... things have a way of working themselves out, even if we can't see it right now.

A great rifle- I hope it finds a good home!

:(

I get it Tim, I really do. Man I hate to see you let it go though. Love that you want the rifle to go to Africa again!

Sorry to hear things did not come around yet for you but they will. Hang in there and if you do end up selling that rifle I hope it fines a good home.

I am glad you did have one hell of a first safari though. I have faith you will get back because you deserve to my friend.

Thanks to all for the good wishes and support.

I'll keep swinging!

Tim

I have lots of heavy (200gr and 220gr) Partitions (Nosler seconds) that I can sell with the rifle for 30 cents each.

If you want to go through the trouble I will take these off your hands.

Stay strong.

Great looking rifle and eland in the photo @tarbe. The Ruger #1 is a great rifle! The Kudu is. 300 H&H correct?
I can say without hesitation that the price you are offering everything for is amazing!

Great looking rifle and eland in the photo @tarbe. The Ruger #1 is a great rifle! The Kudu is. 300 H&H correct?
I can say without hesitation that the price you are offering everything for is amazing!

That is correct Charlie, 300 H&H.

I should also mention that this rifle really needs to be fed proper hand loads to wring the full potential out of it because of the long throat.

Factory 300 H&H animal chronographs about like 3006 ammo because of the extended free bore.

I will share the specifics of my loading data with the new owner

Sorry to hear all this Tim! You ever just need to get away head on out to Hempstead. The beers cold.

Sorry to hear all this Tim! You ever just need to get away head on out to Hempstead. The beers cold.

Thanks buddy! Hope see you and Sandy on the 3rd of June to send you off!

Mr. Spots this time?? Kathy is asking! I think she is jealous... :)

nice rifle and set up - some lucky person will get a deal

Gents

This entire kit is sold.

One man (one who has a gun sickness that is seriously terminal!) is taking the rifle, scope and all the reloading components.

Thanks to all for your interest as well as your friendship and support. We have a great group of folks here!

Tim

Thanks buddy! Hope see you and Sandy on the 3rd of June to send you off!

Mr. Spots this time?? Kathy is asking! I think she is jealous... :)
Glad you guys are going to make it! No "Mr. Spots" this trip. We put that on hold to be able to take all five grown kids on a Safari. Should be a blast.

Gents

This entire kit is sold.

One man (one who has a gun sickness that is seriously terminal!) is taking the rifle, scope and all the reloading components.

Tim
Is this person's initials "Cody"...lol

Gents

This entire kit is sold.

Thanks to all for your interest as well as your friendship and support. We have a great group of folks here!

Tim

Bet I can guess who the sicko is. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg