Some things I saw at DSC Convention 2020

Is DSC or SCI generally considered the better con? Personally, I like DSC better as a group, especially since they often directly collab APU to put their money where there mouth is.

I’m not sure you can say one is better than the other purely based on the exhibitors. Although I was at sci Vegas in 2018 and dsc in 2020 comparing the two I believe sci was/is bigger in size. Maybe someone that went to both this year can comment more.

Did anyone speak to the cape Buffalo in Texas guys to see what that was about? I saw it and thought "Well there is a recipe for disaster."
Cape Buffalo and maybe Indian Gaur in Texas! Can’t wait! I’m sure they already have Bison? A trio of DG in the “heart of Texas”! No need for proper head stamping of your cartridges! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Is DSC or SCI generally considered the better con? Personally, I like DSC better as a group, especially since they often directly collab APU to put their money where there mouth is.

I've been to both. they are generally similar in size- both overwhelming in quantity and quality of exhibitors.

I like DSC better. It seems more welcoming. Also, it's way cheaper to attend- open to the public, no need for DSC membership, and you can usually get a pass for the whole convention for what a 1-day pass at SCI costs.

Also, I really appreciate DSC being free to military.

And DSC does have the AH dinner where you can meet forum legends like @BRICKBURN , @AfricaHunting.com , and more!

Ultimately, both are worth the trip. You'll have a blast.

Did anyone speak to the cape Buffalo in Texas guys to see what that was about? I saw it and thought "Well there is a recipe for disaster."

The name of the company eludes me, but I talked with them at length in 2018. They get ranches to commit to raising game that is sold and or hunted. They are also looking for investors to own a herd or land. It’s an interesting model and my description sucks. They had plans in motion to get Buff down near FT Stockton or Big Bend I think. But that is a very expensive Endeavour, so I’m sure they are still working on it. Wildlife specialties maybe. I have some emails from them. I’ll go see if I can dig up the website.

The name of the company eludes me, but I talked with them at length in 2018. They get ranches to commit to raising game that is sold and or hunted. They are also looking for investors to own a herd or land. It’s an interesting model and my description sucks. They had plans in motion to get Buff down near FT Stockton or Big Bend I think. But that is a very expensive Endeavour, so I’m sure they are still working on it. Wildlife specialties maybe. I have some emails from them. I’ll go see if I can dig up the website.
I wonder if this is the group that Doctari is working with here in Texas. He talked about it last year at his book signing at Gordy and Sons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marplot

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois