Some Rifles For Sale

Pietas Venatores

AH member
Reaction score
Dear all AH members..as advertised elsewhere I thought I'd throw this up with our AH contingent as well.

I was due to export a number of guns from the US, but it seems it's not going to be worth the money and effort. Therefore, I have the following for sale to a US Citizen, currently held with in NH at a gunshopt and will be shipped by them under my authorisation to the buyer. Payment for goods to go to myself via international payment to the UK or paypal as I no longer have a US bank account.

I would ideally like to sell it all in one lot to a buyer interested in the items for shooting, collecting or sporterizing, etc. it consists of:
1. FN commercial 30-06 with a maple montecarlo stock and leupold 1 piece base and front ramp. Stock in good condition, bluing in good condition and bore in very very good condition...this is a ready shooter essentially and is a really nice good looking gun just needing a scope in leupold rings to be turned in and it's ready for hunting. LOP was around 14" I believe, it was not short or long, quite standard, so should fit any average build shooter.

2. FN commercial action in a 30-06 format with Lyman aperture sight and front ramp/bead. There is no bottom metal and stock is in very good condition but nothing 'special' as a rifle. Barrel in good condition. A good shooter with new bottom metal fitted, or a great action for a custom project.

3. An Erfurt Kar98 small ring mauser action, polished in the white nicely and drilled and tapped for bases, comes with really nice swept back straight bolt handle that's welded beautifully, no bottom metal, no trigger..an excellent small ring building project where the action and bolt handle are ready to go so to speak. it's small ring, large shank

4. BRNO VZ24 8mm military rifle dated 1937, no pitting I could see on the metalwork. Bore in good condition with only minor pitting as far as I recall. so should shoot really well essentially. Stock is decent condition and I believe all parts to be original but I can't confirm this as I'm now abroad, I do seem to recall they were. Upper handguard is missing. It's got a turned down bolt handle, inside checkered, so may be a carbine version.
Good fun mauser to shoot or restore, or break for a wonderful action for a custom built sporter of course

5. French 1907/15 8mm Lebel (St. Etienne I seem to recall, not the Remmington version). Good condition stock for age, metal work and blueing good, front sight blade missing. Cannot comment on bore condition, but I now the previous family owner never fired it in his life and he got it just after it was taken out of active service. Comes with magazine but no bayonet..may still have original sling..

I paid $600 for the FN 30-06, $325 for the FN with the missing bottom metal, $300 for the BRNO VZ24, $275 for the small ring K98 action and bolt and the Lebel was free but I'd want around $400 for that.

As a lot I would accept $1,500 for the interested party, not really much less as it's all valued in reality, probably excess $2K, paid to me in UK Pounds with international bank transfer or paypal. I have some pictures of the guns for anyone interested I could email, but not a lot and I'm not sure the gunshop staff holding the guns would be over joyed by me asking him to take pictures for forum members, but I could probably convince them if someone was really and genuinely interested.

Logistically, I would tell the shop staff/owner the buyer is transferring payment for the guns, you/buyer could call them to confirm with my authorisation for the sale and arrange shipping and delivery to yourself. The payment would not include shipping/delivery, and of course if picked up from NH directly that would be the cheapest/free way.

send me a message if you're interested please or offers.

I'm hoping this is a pretty darn good deal for someone out there!

Shoot straight.

fn-30-06-jpg.153601

Last edited by a moderator:
Pietas,

Best of luck on selling your rifles, a few pictures would certainly help out some

Good luck selling these.

Thank you gents. I am trying to locate some of the pictures I have of the guns to aid the listing.

If the buyer covered the shipping costs from NH whatever they may be (probably not much), I'd be willing to accept $1,250, but that's probably as low as I could go as if the items were put up for sale on gunbroker tomorrow they would probably fetch #1 $600-$700, #2 $400 (if a piece of bottom metal was fitted but I just realised there is a bottom metal from the KAR98 which could be used on that FN), #3 $275-$325, #4 $350-450, #5 $400-$600..so resale value just 'as is' should be between $2,000 and $2,500.

In turn, a decent way for someone to get some good parts, rifles, or a cheap investment to get a return on investment without much work of $750 to $1,250

#1 - the FN 30-06 is pictured here, there is a rosewood tip and black ventilated recoil pad with white line. Front sight ramp but no sight blade, Scope is not there/for sale, but leupold base remains.

Small ring Kar98 action (I believe this is erfurt) also pictured.

FN 30 06.jpg
small ring kar 98.jpg

post note: The other 30-06 with the lyman aperture sight will be 14-14 1/2" LOP, stock is dark lacquered walnut in VGC with clean crisp checkering (still looking for photo's), has front ramp and bead of course, as mentioned, just needs bottom metal, bolt and face and bore in good condition.

All items still for sale. If you make an reasonable offer I will give it serious consideration.

Still for sale as a lot. Final offer before going to auction - $1,250 and buyer covers postage from NH.

Gizmo, if want help with part of price for one of the rifles lmk

Gents,

Unfortunately Gizmo had to pull out of the sale due to family circumstances, so therefore all these rifles are still for sale as a lot.

Feel free to contact me asap otherwise I suspect they will go to auction here in September.

Best regards

P

Willing to break up the lot?

Hi,

I suppose there's no harm in that, not ideal, but if push comes to shove...

Well, what would you guys want of these items and I'll see what we can do deal wise?

dailorsasailor - pm me what you'd be after and we can have a quick chat about it.

Best

P

PM sent.

Gentlemen,

Following is sold: maple stocked 30-06 FN, Lebel, 8mm BRNO VZ24.

Still available and must go ASAP are as follows, and are priced to sell quickly so therefore, no further price cuts on them possible.

1. Erfurt Small Ring large shank 98 action with complete bolt and Brownells type offering for bottom metal, no trigger, very nice low swept sporterised bolt handle. Drilled and tapped 6x48 4 holes for mauser bases, charger hump milled off properly, not uneven hand filed.

2. 30-06 1953 FN with Lyman aperture sight. This is pictured as just the barrelled action but actually comes with a very good condition walnut stock (not pictured and I can't ask the shop to take any more pictures, sorry). Bore is good. there's some packaging tape on the action you can see

Both of these would make truly excellent donor actions (and stock) for a custom building project, or the 30-06 to be scoped and used 'as is' of course.

#1 $150 - shipping and postage and FFL transfer to be paid by buyer to NECG in NH, payment of goods to me as gift via paypal

#2 $275 - - shipping and postage and FFL transfer to be paid by buyer to NECG in NH, payment of goods to me as gift via paypal#

Pictures attached

Both items together $400

small ring and fn.png
FN.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg