Some more Duck and Goose mounts

Discussion in 'Taxidermy' started by gizmo, Nov 16, 2018.

1. gizmo

gizmo AH ENABLER SPONSOR Since 2015 AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, SCI Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
    Hunted:
    Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
    First up is a blue goose that belongs to @BWH. DSC_0257.JPG DSC_0260.JPG IMG_6239.JPG IMG_6241.JPG IMG_6242.JPG This next one is my tribute to Texas Ducks unlimited. The birds in this mount are a few that I saved from a couple of duck hunts @BWH and I did together. I hope yall enjoy. DSC_0259 (1).JPG DSC_0258 (1).JPG DSC_0257 (1).JPG DSC_0261 (1).JPG DSC_0263.JPG DSC_0265 (2).JPG DSC_0266 (2).JPG DSC_0268.JPG DSC_0269.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2018
    jduckhunter likes this.

2. jduckhunter

jduckhunter AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DU, JSA, NAHC( Life member), NRA (Life member)
    Hunted:
    Namibia, Zimbabwe, USA (PA ,WY,TX,MT,AK,NJ,DE,VA,WV,SD,MA,NC,FL,MD) Canada (QC,NF,ON,NT,NWT,BC), New Zealand
    Nice work Bud! It's a shame that you didn't have a nice Woody to add to that mount though.
    Sorry man just couldn't resist messing with you.

gizmo likes this.

3. gizmo

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, SCI Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
    Hunted:
    Lol no worries, your right though

4. jduckhunter

jduckhunter AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DU, JSA, NAHC( Life member), NRA (Life member)
    Hunted:
    Namibia, Zimbabwe, USA (PA ,WY,TX,MT,AK,NJ,DE,VA,WV,SD,MA,NC,FL,MD) Canada (QC,NF,ON,NT,NWT,BC), New Zealand
    I was just thinking, maybe I shouldn't be messing with you until after you ship my stuff.

gizmo likes this.

5. johnnyblues

johnnyblues AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
    That would be wise!:LOL: BTW really nice brother!

gizmo and jduckhunter like this.

6. IdaRam

IdaRam BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, NAHC Life Member, SCI, DSC, Wild Sheep Foundation, NSSF
    Hunted:
    Idaho, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, California, Alberta Canada, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    Very, very nice! They are all beautiful work, but that preening Pintail is excellent!

gizmo likes this.

7. gizmo

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Thank you, Jim mounted that bird. He helps me with the real technical poses. He is the best there is with birds and I am blessed to have him help me with the tough stuff.

IdaRam likes this.

8. gizmo

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    If I had it to do over again I’d had the mallard as a mirror image preening but I think it came out pretty nice as a whole. I had a lot of fun building that and working on the birds with Jim. C070CF8E-B7F5-47F7-B1C2-7B5C26CEBAC7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2018

9. IdaRam

IdaRam BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, NAHC Life Member, SCI, DSC, Wild Sheep Foundation, NSSF
    Hunted:
    Idaho, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, California, Alberta Canada, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    I think it turned out great! I would be damn proud to have that mount.

gizmo likes this.

10. gizmo

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Thank you, we worked our collective asses off on that one. I’ve still got a few more things to do to it. I am going to add some more subtle ripples in and one more flying bird. I’ve got a canvasback hen that I’m going to add in. But it’s oretty well 90% there. It’s a display piece and I wanted it to show what can be done.
    It gets pretty repetitive mounting the same bird poses over and over plus I need to work on the technical stuff with Jim before he up and retires on me.