Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
Argentina, Bolivia, Paraguay, South Africa
Fellow´s I want to share a couple lion´s pics with you.......American Lion, cougar, puma Mountain Lion, all those names are ok but here were I live We call them just Lion´s.
There are a good population right here aroun my home and We don´t hunt them very often, just when they start to made a damage in the goat´s herds or cattle.
Usually we hunt them with the dogs over the fresh trail or waiting in the water hole or could be in the carcase of their prey.
In most of the Provinces is legaly to hunt them but is not any more allowed to export to another Country´s, soo you can hunt them legaly but can´t take them.

Some pics with dogs.........

Imagen 006.jpg

Imagen 007.jpg

Imagen 019.jpg

A couple of nice one´s, plus European board.......a good day.......

Imagen 061.jpg

My last......a skinny one who almost brake a poor family with their goats herd..........

varias 035.jpg

Glad to be sharing with you........!!!!!

See you......!!!!!

Very cool Rocket.

Do any jaguar roam that far south? While hunting doves, I was amazed how many brocket deer we saw. They look so much like duiker.

Very cool Rocket.

Do any jaguar roam that far south? While hunting doves, I was amazed how many brocket deer we saw. They look so much like duiker.

Hello my friend........Jaguar there is not were I am here in Cordoba but yes we have Jaguars in Salta, Jujuy, Misiones, Formosa and Chaco Provinces up North in our Country.......!!!!!

In a couple days I going to make a Thread about the Brown Brocket deer to share......!!!!

Thank you very much for your comment......!!!!

See you.....!!!!

If you have to point your finger to the spot where the hunter has to shoot I think you are taking shot placement a step too far.

They do not seem to be too large. How many Kilos do your cats weigh?

ROCKET,

Thank you for this information and fotos.
The natural world is very interesting for me.
Pumas are beginning to slowly move into Alaska but not up to Anchorage where I live yet.
If they ever make it this far, I have my 6.5x55 mm ready for them, haha.
I have visited Ecuador and Columbia and someday I will visit your incredible Country.
(Please thank your winemakers for me, because they developed Malbec grapes. That is by far my favorite red).

Salud,
Velo Dog.

If you have to point your finger to the spot where the hunter has to shoot I think you are taking shot placement a step too far.

They do not seem to be too large. How many Kilos do your cats weigh?

I was just traing to encourage to another new dog to get involved into the figth with the other ones.
Let me tell you.....our Lions are not soo big and heavy as yours there in the States.......I saw some incredibles pics of your Mountain Lions......here a 50 Kilos lion is a very good trophie, 65 or 70 kilos is once and wile and very hard to find them, must to go South in Patagonia up the mountains in the edge of the Andes.
Lion with dogs is about 40 Kilos......the big one in a second picture is about 50 Kilos maybe, and the skinny was 26 Kilos.

Tank you Brickburn for your commets........!!!!!!

ROCKET,

Thank you for this information and fotos.
The natural world is very interesting for me.
Pumas are beginning to slowly move into Alaska but not up to Anchorage where I live yet.
If they ever make it this far, I have my 6.5x55 mm ready for them, haha.
I have visited Ecuador and Columbia and someday I will visit your incredible Country.
(Please thank your winemakers for me, because they developed Malbec grapes. That is by far my favorite red).

Salud,
Velo Dog.

I hope to see you some day here........you have great lions trophies guys in your country......I saw pictures of a 90 Kilos lions up there soo get ready your 6.5 mm......!!!!
Ecuador is very good for Big Game Fishing......there is a nice operation in Punta Salinas.......good to take a chance on Black Marlin.......!!!!!!

Thank you very much Velo Dog for you reply.......!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing Rocket

Encouraging a dog to get into the fight. Interesting. I wondered what you were up to.

A friend just took a cat last year here in Alberta that weighed in at 200 Lbs. - 91Kg.
Absolute monster.

You look like you have hunted a few for sure.
Thanks for sharing.

Rocket!!! nice to meet you in this forum!!! jajajajaja.... I wonder this will be terrific experience to me... jaja
Congratulatios for the LIONS... you know.... they are my KARMA ejeje.... after hours and days and months guiding hunters pursuiding this PUMAS... and shooting too, I never huan anyone for myself!!!
BAD LUCK.... I hope a change in the future!!!(y)

Hi Marcos, glad to get you here......yes I know to much about your KARMA with those Lion´s jejejeje......no hurrys it will come some day for sure.......no doubt......!!!!!

Thank you for your comment buddye......!!!!!

Nice photos why can't the lions be exported?

Nice photos why can't the lions be exported?

Hi Johnny, I really dont know what´s the real problem with that, you can get the hunting license and you can hunt them almos in all the provinces but is not allow to export since five years a go at least.....!!!!

Hi Johnny, I really dont know what´s the real problem with that, you can get the hunting license and you can hunt them almos in all the provinces but is not allow to export since five years a go at least.....!!!!
This kind of stupid things are very common in aour beautiful coutry! :mad: But, we are adapted!... It´fooling, but there are worst things...

Thanks for the pics, Rocket !

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.