Solid lime tips .338

JLF

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Are there solid tips for the .338? Which one?

I had a plastic bag of .338 solids, not sure what they were, but they sure worked on buffalo and Hippo and a follow up shot on a wounded elephant, they penetrated like poop thu a goose, In some test I ran the beat the socks off my 375 Ruger and H&H as to penetration...I shot two buffalo with them, One ran 100 yards and bought the farm..the other ran 100 yards and ran, I rolled him up in a ball with two summersaults with my 404 on the follow up..I didn't recover a single bullets they all exited..

Thank you gentlemen for the information

I used 250 Barnes in the old round nose style back in the late 90s. That was for a 340.

Reactions: JLF
Thanks again

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Maybe GS Custom. They show a 250 gr .338 Flat Nose Solid- annealed copper with drive bands. My experience with the these include the .416 and .458. They've been easy to work up loads for- no surprises and very deep straight line penetration. You can try contacting GS Custom USA through the attached link. They've always been easy to deal with. Unknown how the current covidcluster is affecting their operation.

Thank you for your contributions ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg