Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Outdoor Tomorrow Foundation,NRA, Life Member DSC
Hunted
Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Namibia, South Africa, Spain, Tanzania, and now Tajikistan
As we start to travel again and we encounter frustrations, it’s not a new thing.

Kinda reminds me of my childhood. In spring mud season the road we lived on was a quagmire and we had to either walk the mile to the main road or go by horse and wagon. We did this for about 10 years until the town got around to graveling the road.

In winter we were one of the last roads to get plowed so it was walk in and out again. Lots of fun for us 5 and 6 year olds to meet the bus. Many was the time we wallowed through a foot or 2 of snow to get to the bus or get back home. There were no snow days back then. When we went to town it was by horse and pung (sleigh). Lots of blankets and heavy clothes. Looking back now, it was sort of fun on a clear winter night with sleigh bells and bright stars or a full moon, the swish of snow under the runners, hoofbeats and the creak of harness. Poor mollycoddled kiddies today don't know what they're missing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoraceBrei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!