So exciting! I just received this Amazon review from an Anti-hunter!

African trophy hunting, or any managed hunting for that matter, tells it's own good story. The hard part is getting some of these duh masses to actually listen. That's what you did well. Good job Sue.

You are so welcome. Thanks for the support.

African trophy hunting, or any managed hunting for that matter, tells its own good story. The hard part is getting some of these duh masses to actually listen. That's what you did well. Good job Sue.
Thank you so much! I think it helps to get them attached to the people like I was. Then you see it from the human side instead of just facts and statistics. Those speak for themselves but too many people don’t connect emotionally to those. I appreciate the support.

nice to hear this,,facts do not usually sit well with liberals/anti hunters
Thank you! I think that’s the key to the book. I mention facts ….but only after telling the story through emotions and common sense and connecting them to the people.
That's awesome!! Keep up the good work!! I was just looking at reviews on man eating lions of savo and the bunny huggers kept writing that it was a great read but they were forced to give it three stars because of all the irresponsible hunting in it. What a joke. Glad to see you got through to someone!! Thanks!!
Me too! I’d be lying if I said I got through to everyone. I’ve gotten some 1 and 2 star ratings too. When they go on about they still can’t understand hunting, I just have to shake my head and wonder if they even read the book. To me it is makes so much common sense after you know the reality that Africa. Still, I’ll celebrate every win that I can.

Excellent! Thank You Sue. Mrs. Mekaniks and I are looking forward to meeting you in Nashville.

Thank you! I think that’s the key to the book. I mention facts ….but only after telling the story through emotions and common sense and connecting them to the people.

Me too! I’d be lying if I said I got through to everyone. I’ve gotten some 1 and 2 star ratings too. When they go on about they still can’t understand hunting, I just have to shake my head and wonder if they even read the book. To me it is makes so much common sense after you know the reality that Africa. Still, I’ll celebrate every win that I can.
Right!! I often wonder why someone would read a book that involves hunting if they don't hunt and aren't interested in starting? I don't read many books about subjects I have no interest in lol

THIS is WHY I wrote Cries of the Savanna! While I am thrilled that hunters like the book, my entire goal was to take non-hunters and/or anti-hunters on a grand adventure that would expose them to the truth of conservation in Africa. I can’t tell you how rewarding it is to learn that the book has changed a person’s mind on safari hunting!
Fortunately, the book is doing what I intended…..that is…..once I get it into their hands. That is the tough part. Many of these people aren’t interested in reading the book once they see that hunting is a big part of it. That’s why books clubs and recommendations from others is SO IMPORTANT.View attachment 510695
Yes! Well done, Sue!

Doug

Right!! I often wonder why someone would read a book that involves hunting if they don't hunt and aren't interested in starting? I don't read many books about subjects I have no interest in lol
Exactly. But the book is about so much more. A lot of women like it because they learn about the animals too…as well as the people. I had one woman tell me she had no idea animals acted like that! That made me laugh. But honestly, I had no idea what I was doing when I wrote the book. I was just relaying my experience and backed up my evolution of thought with research. I had no idea about marketing etc. Now I have learned that you are supposed to have a specific target group…and target the book to that. I didn’t know any of that. Maybe it’s a good thing I didn’t. Maybe I should have. I don’t know.

Congrats on a great book. Hopefully more “antis” will read it and change their minds as well.

Any positive exposure to truth about hunting is good well done!!

A very big well done, we need to get through to the anti hunters and seems you are doing that, havent read your book yet.......

Excellent news! Changing one person's opinion is an amazing feat these days. I only have a few more pages to go!
Pardon my delayed response. I was on vacation with the grandkids and they kept me hopping! Anyway, it is awesome to hear you are almost done with Cries of the Savanna. I hope you liked it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg