Snuff in South Africa

Michael Abbott

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I'm planning my first trip to South Africa in June. I wanted to see how much snuff I can take with me.

Mark Biggerstaff

Silver supporter
Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Take as much as you will need! There is non their! I personally had 15 cans last trip I did.
5 in carry on, 5 in checked bag, 5 in gun case.
Never had a question asked on either of my trips in 2018 and 2019.

YancyW

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, RMEF, Ducks Unlimited
Not sure on chew, but last trip I had way more cigarettes with me than you are supposed to, no issues at all. Nothing makes for very happy trackers than American cigarettes, filterless Camels were a big hit.

This next trip, I think I am going to do loose leaf and papers.

Michael Abbott

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Thanks guys. I plan on taking 15 or 20 cans with me. I wasn't sure if there was a limit or not

Michael Abbott

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Not sure on chew, but last trip I had way more cigarettes with me than you are supposed to, no issues at all. Nothing makes for very happy trackers than American cigarettes, filterless Camels were a big hit.

This next trip, I think I am going to do loose leaf and papers.
Thanks Yancy I was actually going to take some snuff for the trackers but I think I will get some cigarettes for them

YancyW

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, RMEF, Ducks Unlimited
Thanks Yancy I was actually going to take some snuff for the trackers but I think I will get some cigarettes for them

You can ask your PH, but I think you would be far better off with cigarettes for gifts.

Also, not to jump into your thread too much, but I have to tag @gizmo for a hilarious story about giving a guide chew. This is simply too on point to pass it up.

Michael Abbott

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I'll definitely talk with the PH about the cigarettes. Can't wait to hear gizmos story

BWH

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Ducks Unlimited, Texas Trophy Hunters, Trout Unlimited, SCI, DSC & NRA
Hunted
USA & RSA
Youre good with taking a log..... take plenty, as they don’t sell it over there!

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
One of the truly vile, awful, and truly disgusting habits on the planet. :E Sick: Ranks right up there with scalp scab eating. Be sure to bring a bottle along (preferably clear) to collect the spit in so everyone else can admire it. :A Vomit:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EzekielRob

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.