Snow Story

AkMike

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA-Life ASSRA DRSS
I just got off the phone with a friend living in North Dakota near the Canadian Border. He said that since early this morning the snow has been coming down, it is nearly waist deep and is still falling.
The temperature is dropping way below zero and the north wind is increasing to near gale force. His wife has done nothing but look through the kitchen window and just stare. He says that if it gets much worse, he may have to let her IN. ;)

What did she do?

Good one. Had me goin till the end. LOL!

Ha ha ha ha

LOL good one. You had me there too, especially since we have gale force winds here today (up to 100km gusts) no snow though but with the ice from last nights rain it is a mess, blowing parked trucks around and whatnot.

It's +42 deg Celsius here in Tamworth, NSW, and if the Canadian snow would fall here as rain, the collective shout of joy could be heard in Canada, I bet

a lot cooler on the ocean today tim. we had that warm weather last week , man it was 44 in the city at 9amm one day .
it will be a lot better once the wind buggers off tonight .

Bluey, I have no idea how you can handle that kind of heat and get anything done! I'd be curled up infront of the AC!

Bluey, I have no idea how you can handle that kind of heat and get anything done! I'd be curled up infront of the AC!
nah mate ,
l don't like the heat not even a little bit ,l tolerate it, but don't enjoy it .
I have red hair and fair skin ...that makes me a shade lover...
last night l caught a huge anchor and maybe 4 tonnes of chain in the bridles of my net ,and spent the rest of the night and a good part of the morning fleeting it on board .so ESSO,BHP , cant argue that its thiers and not replace the gear that It trashed .it has taken all day to get it sorted out . and it was hot as buggery , you should see how burnt l got .
l must look like a red, shrek.
so now lm flying to dump it on the wharf and tell em to get the cheque book out .
last week in the heat l was stuffed ,mate .only did what l had to ...
I would of been no good painting the boat , l'll give ya the tip

When I was a kid I worked summers (part time) on a purse seiner and a gill netter in south east Alaska. We have lost nets on a sunken wreck and rocks.. Most of them were repairable though. The seals and sea lions would always tear big holes thru the nets causing many hours of repair. We used 'seal bombs' a very large firecracker to keep them away some of the time.
Hopefully you can sell that anchor and chain to get back part of the loss.

so you've got a bit salt in ya ,hey bloke .
good stuff, mate.
bloody seals will be the down fall of this industry .mike .
they are that thick around the boat everytime we winch up you could near walk across them .
we interact with them regular like .they are in plague proportition in eastern bass strait .

with the anchor , l cant sell it as is essos (an oil corp.)property , they are liable for the time it took to recover my gear , the damage to my gear . and the time myself ,the crew, and the boat , and the netmaker
took to get it into port and the lost fishing time .
its win ,win for us .
the only problem is the net we wrecked was the newest one on the boat . and is now to distorted to repair .wish it was the oldest one as they have to replace it outright .

did the seal bombs blow the furbags up ????
can you send an address where l can get some ?????

The seal bombs are a very oversized firecracker. Maybe 1/4 stick of good stump powder dynamite. AND waterproof as well as weighted! We'd use a wrist rocket sling shot to lob them out to the seals area, One guy lighting the fuse and the other guy as the shooter. The underwater bang tends to induce them to vacate the area generally. With gill nets they'd swim up and down the line biting the bellys out of the salmon and going on to the next one...
If the Fish and Game approved firecrackers didn't work and no one was around close the Winchester 220 Swift may have helped them sink faster.. ;)
I have no idea about where you'd find them down your way Bluey! Here we can still get them at the Gear Shed where they get the supplies.

The seal bombs are a very oversized firecracker. Maybe 1/4 stick of good stump powder dynamite. AND waterproof as well as weighted! We'd use a wrist rocket sling shot to lob them out to the seals area, One guy lighting the fuse and the other guy as the shooter. The underwater bang tends to induce them to vacate the area generally. With gill nets they'd swim up and down the line biting the bellys out of the salmon and going on to the next one...
If the Fish and Game approved firecrackers didn't work and no one was around close the Winchester 220 Swift may have helped them sink faster.. ;)
I have no idea about where you'd find them down your way Bluey! Here we can still get them at the Gear Shed where they get the supplies.

I would be lynched down here if a used them .....
the 220 swift would be a great remedy , but not worth the $200.000 fine .
every time l take a scientist out l offer my services as a numbers controller, but to no avail ....
most of the scientests agree that the numbers are out of control , in our fishery .
but no government has had the balls to do anything about it

I just got off the phone with a friend living in North Dakota near the Canadian Border. He said that since early this morning the snow has been coming down, it is nearly waist deep and is still falling.
The temperature is dropping way below zero and the north wind is increasing to near gale force. His wife has done nothing but look through the kitchen window and just stare. He says that if it gets much worse, he may have to let her IN. ;)

LMAO thats awful damn sweet of him. :rofl:

As long as she's out there, he should hand her a shovel.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genihi4888

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg