Snake Bite - WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT

observe

Contributor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SAHGCA [Skilled Hunter qualified-Cum Laude], Handgun Hunters Association of SA, SAGA, Primitive hunting [Spear @ Bow]
Hunted
R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
beware
NOT for sensitive viewers!!!

Bear Grylls's producer 'resting post-surgery' after horrific snakebite and posts new Twitter picture | Mail Online

941768_584027134955488_1934695830_n.jpg

BJIGdAUCEAAk1go.jpg

I hate snakes.

me two ,3 and 4

Thats nasty! Thats why the only good snake is a dead snake.

you should've seen me when I came home at lunch time and seen this bloody thing had taken over the lounge room

158.jpg

and he is my daughters pet python ,
nobody was home so I took 3 photos and left , had subway for lunch this day

you should've seen me when I came home at lunch time and seen this bloody thing had taken over the lounge room

View attachment 19358

Looks like a good way to have it mounted Permanently then she would never have to worry about it getting out or having to feed it. heh heh

I wouldn't even have it in the house bob, except jorja has had him (eddie) since she was 8 , I thought ok its not even a foot long and she will loose interest in it in a year or so .8 1/2 years later and his nearly 9 foot long and growing ,im sure of it .
and both the girls in the house love the cold scaley bloody thing .
and in summer sometimes he just pushes the Perspex lid out of its slot and cruises around the house .
I cant bring myself to get to friendly with it .
I have held it but only under sufference

I have held it but only under sufference
:laughing: I know what you mean bluey, here on the farm it's not at all uncommon to see Black Racers, Egg Snakes, Cotton Mouths and Rattle Snakes just to name a few and when I'm walking around I carry a 9 shot J C Higgins 22 pistol loaded with rat shot. One day a buddy and I are walking to the barn when out of the grass comes a snake I whip out the pistol and fire away :shootingrevolver: my buddy ask what are you doing thats just a rat snake and I told him thats where your wrong thats a dead snake I'm not waiting to find out if he's got teeth or not.

puffadder!

20053d1369838129-snake-bite-599989_10151968051133538_1253656631_n.jpg

Attachments

• 599989_10151968051133538_1253656631_n.jpg
    599989_10151968051133538_1253656631_n.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 615
Last edited by a moderator:
Had a very brave PH once
As we were entering the blind he's first and I'm second in line. All of a sudden he turns, runs out and is yelling, "snake, snake" . I look in and it's a 2 ft python in the branches of the hide. I took a small stick and prodded it on its way out and down the trail. Had it been a Black Mamba I wold have shot the PH in the leg and then I could run faster than him leaving him as the snake's target and not slow me :) :) :)

I have never hunted with Ross but know him and have shared a camp with him. There is something not right about catching large dangerous snakes.

And BTW he is a very good PH in Zim.

Attachments

• Ross_zps05dc8ee1.jpg
    Ross_zps05dc8ee1.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 347
I have never hunted with Ross but know him and have shared a camp with him. There is something not right about catching large dangerous snakes.

And BTW he is a very good PH in Zim.

gday mike what sort of a joe blake is that scary looking bastard

gday mike what sort of a joe blake is that scary looking bastard

He is a PH in Zim.

If you mean the snake it is a cobra, forest cobra if I am not mistaken.

ha ha ha no mate I meant the reptile not your friend

Had a very brave PH once
As we were entering the blind he's first and I'm second in line. All of a sudden he turns, runs out and is yelling, "snake, snake" . I look in and it's a 2 ft python in the branches of the hide. I took a small stick and prodded it on its way out and down the trail. Had it been a Black Mamba I wold have shot the PH in the leg and then I could run faster than him leaving him as the snake's target and not slow me :) :) :)

Excellent bet your next PH will be a bit nervous......... off you never mind the snakes

View attachment 19358

Bluey how kind of you to feed the snake for your daughter - did you get it a meatball sub or go with the Italian Meats ?

Used to keep snakes back in Ireland when I was a kid - freaked the f&&k out of my family - game was finally up for me when I got some large spiders -

LMAO !

Puff Adder Bite

caution-sign.jpg

GRAPHIC CONTENT BELOW

Puff Adder Bite

The camp director had previously called the hospital and a helicopter was waiting at the trail head. During the 30 minute helicopter ride I was going in and out of consciousness, having trouble keeping my eyes open.

We arrived at the Mafikeng hospital, where the doctor in the emergency room decided that my case was too severe to treat at that medical center. He told me this, which was the last thing I heard before going unconscious.

Although I was unconscious for approximately the next 24 hours, I have heard about the following events from my parents.

I was taken from the Mafikeng hospital to Ferncrest Hospital in Rustenburg the trauma center for North West Province . My snake bite was determined to be too severe for Mafikeng Hospital to deal with. At the Ferncrest Hospital I underwent a fasciotomy, which involved the doctors cutting open my arm from the palm up to about the middle of my biceps. This was to relieve the extreme pressure that had built up in my arm from the puff adder venom, making my arm as hard as a rock until the fasciotomy.

I spent the next 35 days in the Ferncrest Hospital, had eight surgeries performed for cleaning out the dead tissue from my arm, and finally had a skin graft from my leg to close up my arm, which had remained open for 30 days after the fasciotomy until the skin graft surgery. That is 10 surgeries in total at Ferncrest Hospital.

I was released from the hospital on August 24, had four months of intense physical therapy, and flew to Bloemfontein University Medical Center in Freestate for a follow-up surgery. This was a vascular flap surgery, during which they took a chunk of skin and muscle from my back, attached its blood vessels to the ones in my arm using microsurgery, and then stitched it to my arm. Although 2 emergency surgeries were required within 24 hours on account of blood loss, the vascular flap was a success, and after six more months of physical therapy, my hand had a significant improvement in mobility from when I left University of Freestate Medical Hospital and could move each finger only 2-3 millimetres.

My hand now has fully mobility and is about 80 percent as strong as it was before, thanks to my Dad and I resuming our rock climbing after a one year break due to the lack of strength in my left hand. I use it for about 90 percent of the things I used to do with my left hand (I am right handed). 13 surgeries, R3700000 worth of helicopter flights, surgeries, and hospital stays (paid by my insurance), and 20 months later, I am very happy with the outcome of this experience and my good fortune of getting through all this without any significant loss.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

This is the reason you never want to be bitten by a puff adder...

caution-sign.jpg

GRAPHIC CONTENT ABOVE

Last edited by a moderator:
mate im glad you got through that .....
that's something people write books about
thganks for posting this

Bluey how kind of you to feed the snake for your daughter - did you get it a meatball sub or go with the Italian Meats ?

Used to keep snakes back in Ireland when I was a kid - freaked the f&&k out of my family - game was finally up for me when I got some large spiders -

LMAO !
sub yeah
subsonic hollow points (if only)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg