Smit Knives

win71

Reaction score
They are made by Corn Smit in Kwekwe, Zimbabwe.
Anybody used one, have one or seen one. I have a friend that is temporarily in Zimbabwe that bought one however he is on a church mission and will not be able to hunt or use it until he returns to the U.S.
I'm new on this fact filled forum. Any comments will be greatly appreciated. I hope I posted in the correct sub-forum.
Win71

IMG_4989.PNG

Very nice looking knives on the website

Welcome to AH! I dont have one but agree with @Bullthrower338 , they look good!

Twenty years ago this same friend and I bought utility hunting knives that were hand made by a guy in Montana. Kauffman. He was skillful and used ATS 34. Sand or bead blasted, not polished. They were the cheapest he sold. I understand sharpening. In my boat building shop I use mostly high carbon tools. Although being careful around water that ATS 34 was hard, tough, and semi stainless.
I am reading and hearing the 12 c 27 that Corn uses is it's equal.
If not I'm going back to ATS 34 or high carbon cross cut saw blades.

Sorry win71, didn't mean to be rude, welcome to the forum! I kinda get side tracked easily when it comes to knives, guns and good scotch. I sent corn an email for quote on a couple knives he has on the website.

Enjoy the forum,
Cody

@win71 welcome to the forum. This is indeed the right place to post on knives and such.

Welcome to AH, a lot of us here are knife lovers.

I have a knife which could be one of those. It has a logo and 'Smit' on the blade.
IMG_5331.JPG
IMG_5332.JPG

IMG_5340.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Sir, that is his logo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
propercapsules

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!