Small Tusk Display Ideas Needed

JG458

AH senior member
Reaction score
I’m looking for some ideas for mounting some small tusks my father-in-law gave me. Could have some bases build but like to see what other options there are. They are about 2 feet long. Thanks

5F1FEE73-09CB-4F4C-A27D-2A7A55140286.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a thought. Saw this at Dsc a few years ago.

1640306349957.jpeg

I like both those ideas. Thanks! Definitely would be nice if it’s something I can put together myself.

Small tusks with bases look good, especially silver bases. Get them made up in copper and then deep plate them. Silver is very reasonable, don't scrimp on the thickness, it looks awful.

I would mount each individualy on a nice piece of wood and then on the wall one one side the other otherside.....
These are nice cow tusks.

I hope that the OP doesn't mind me asking but do any of you have any ideas for displaying Hippo Tusks?

I am waiting on my shipment from Zambia

I've seen them hanging from gold chains, kinda like the pic above with the heavy rope. Either way I'm jealous lol very nice tusks

I hope that the OP doesn't mind me asking but do any of you have any ideas for displaying Hippo Tusks?

My dad use the hippo cutters for a gong that looked similar to this.

1640753294176.png

Something kind of like this could be used with small elephant tusks also.

Keep al 6 pairs of tusks together on a nice piece of wood or keep them in the scull very impressive....

Hard to say without seeing your home and the type of décor you have currently. Do you know what room you intend to display them in? They look fairly symmetrical, I like the pedestal idea on either end of the fireplace, but would not work with all designs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg