Small Game Skulls

BrianTX

AH member
Reaction score
Media
I was just curious if anyone had ideas or suggestions for displaying smaller game skulls. The more time I spend going down the rabbit hole, euro mounts just work better for me (with a few exceptions... looking at you life-size hyena).

However, several tiny shields for several smaller species all over the wall is a little much. I’ll reserve that for the big boys! Haha looking forward to your thoughts!

BrianTX, I was giving all mine to a middle school science teacher. She needed a safe clean show space for them, so she bought an antique wood and glass display. She says the kids loved seeing them in the display. Just a thought.

Attachments

• Screenshot (421).png
    Screenshot (421).png
    505.9 KB · Views: 168
  • Screenshot (422).png
    Screenshot (422).png
    180.4 KB · Views: 123
This stand is made of glass, it can de used for small/medium animals, and you can place it almost anywhere.

xy3z0os.jpg

pI6vZ8i.jpg

Attachments

• xy3z0os.jpg
    xy3z0os.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
  • pI6vZ8i.jpg
    pI6vZ8i.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
I like that, where did you get it?

My taxidermist in Spain, but you get the idea, it can be done with other material.

Check out the plaques for roe deer used by German and Austrian hunters. https://www.africahunting.com/attachments/image-43-jpg.263763/ You can pick them up off ebay very easily and cheaply. They are perfect for skull mounts of the little guys. Our Teutonic cousins will group several together (roe deer) on a wall, and it would also work for smaller antelope. They tend to run in three sizes - those for roe; a middle-size which is typically used for fallow deer (and which work great for whitetail and mid-sized antelope like impala); and a large version for red deer. Something different than the plain looking "trophy" plaques typically offered by taxidermists on this side of the pond.

“Weekend at Ginsburg’s”:ROFLMAO::LOL: :D Too funny!

Here is another possibility which I already posted, it is quite simple, you can have this stand made in any size.

qBGKG2A.jpg

Attachments

• qBGKG2A.jpg
    qBGKG2A.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 120
I really like that lamp! (y)(y)(y)

I have two of them, made from the buff in my avatar.

Oblique slices of branches/ sapling stems to give a small oval to mount on. With the bark on.

IMG_5622.JPG

I’m currently finishing off a Red Ivory brach I sandblasted to oil finish. It will be roughly 8” thick, and 2,5 feet long to mount my common reedbuck, mountain reedbuck and vaal rhebuck on.

These three.
09.JPG

I’ve also got a few displayed in an old leather gun case looking pretty cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.