Ike85123

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
None
Do you prefer the small 5 or show preference to the tiny 10 ? What animal group has been your most challenging?

I’m not into collecting, but what is the small 5?

What is a "small 5?" Is this some new marketing gimmick or maybe you mean these -

Though I think Euro's would be a challenge.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 8.24.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 8.24.16 PM.png
    671.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 8.24.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 8.24.19 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 8.24.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 8.24.22 PM.png
    994.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 8.24.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 8.24.23 PM.png
    503.3 KB · Views: 49
I’m not into collecting, but what is the small 5?
I asked that question alot, I always get different answers. At this point, I believe it is any of the plains game that dont fit in the d7 ?

What is a "small 5?" Is this some new marketing gimmick or maybe you mean these -

Though I think Euro's would be a challenge.
All my friends seem to have a different view of the small 5. Atleast thats what they call them here. Seems to be pg that dont fit in the d7.
Ive tried to search it out. Ive only found links to beetles and turtles. Lol aswell as the shy 5,ugly 5 and so on.

That’s a lot more than 5. I’ve never heard that name. I’d rather hunt eland than any other African animal. They are big, you hunt for age not horn length, they cover miles with ease, old bulls are alone, never densely populated, probably more reasons I can’t think of right now. I get very excited about bushbucks and warthogs too.

I highly recommend hunting the super cool & challenging animals like Klipspringers, Vaalie, Steenbok & the Duikers.... have an excellent taxidermist on standby!!!! @gizmo

That’s a lot more than 5. I’ve never heard that name. I’d rather hunt eland than any other African animal. They are big, you hunt for age not horn length, they cover miles with ease, old bulls are alone, never densely populated, probably more reasons I can’t think of right now. I get very excited about bushbucks and warthogs too.
At the clubhouse on the golfcourse, the old men sit around and tell their tales. Im always very interested in theor stories. I could listen for hours. They always say small 5, could be a kudu,waterbuck,Wildebeest or whatever. They are up in their late 70s and 80s. So I just listen and dont question to much. I figure at that age, they have been to africa, when it was still pretty wild.
They dont hunt anymore.
But man, I love those stories !

Im giving serious thought to chasing some of the smaller guys this summer.. Ive never hunted anything smaller than an impala in Africa before.. but for whatever reason the idea of steenbok, springbuck, and maybe a bushbuck added to the 2021 bag is sounding like fun..

Im not sure if I'll ever actually try for the entire tiny ten.. most of them just dont seem to appeal to me for some unknown reason.. maybe after we track down a steenbok this summer that will change

Do you prefer the small 5 or show preference to the tiny 10 ? What animal group has been your most challenging?

Really dont get these animal groups that keep getting created...as far as I am concerned there is the traditional big 5 and that's it....the rest are simply different animals that you hunt if you want to.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you