Skinner peep on cz550?

AHughes

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Ducks unlimited
Anyone have the skinner peep sights on your cz?
CZ_550_RT.jpg

I have some Skinner sights. Not on CZ but I do like them

I was just wondering if most soldered them on or drilled and tapped it , I was thinking about just soldering them on (top pic) I know the low pro should be d&t and if folks had to change the front sight for height reasons

Why not a necg no drilling
I was really thinking about one but then ran across the skinner and I liked from the pics ...looks cleaner not as bulky but what i did like about the necg was If I needed to take it off and change to a scope it is much quicker than unbolting the skinner or God forbid if I solder the skinner on , but I really think I want to keep it iron sighted for now so maybe I'll do the low pro and just have one hole d&t so If I needed to I could just unscrew the sight and throw on the scope if I changed my mind , just looking for thoughts sometimes I make things too complicated

Not a very good photo but, I installed a NECG sight on my 550 FS and sold the rifle a week later. Never got to shoot it!:A Whistle:

eqLzLtSl.jpg
GygqEZ0l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Skinner sights on my Winchester M70 Featherweight in 450 Marlin. I had to shim up the rear sight quite a bit, maybe 5-6mm. But I am very happy with the setup. I have a weaver base on the forward scope mount and I am thinking of mounting a Docter red dot with a quick release base.

Heard of a co called matrix are they associated with them but looks like I might try to give them a call next week that would be real slick to have the pop up peep like the brno I think that would be money well spent right there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg