Skin cancer

I had a "severe atypical nevus" removed from my left shoulder blade 2 or 3 years ago. It's a fairly impressive scar. The doc didn't go quite deep enough with the lidocaine. The suturing was an interesting experience. ;)

It was deep enough there were internal sutures as well as the standard external ones.

I've had a bunch biopsied, and am under 6 months surveillance myself.

Hope yours went well and they got it all.

Interesting class/channel on YT. This prof talks about all sorts of topics, and always plays devil's advocate to whatever the woke kids in this Penn State University class say. The topic for this lecture is about skin cancer survival rate differences between black people and white people. Some of these kids are just so full of wokeness they can't see the forest for the trees.

Last edited:
I had a "severe atypical nevus" removed from my left shoulder blade 2 or 3 years ago. It's a fairly impressive scar. The doc didn't go quite deep enough with the lidocaine. The suturing was an interesting experience. ;)

It was deep enough there were internal sutures as well as the standard external ones.

I've had a bunch biopsied, and am under 6 months surveillance myself.

Hope yours went well and they got it all.

Interesting class/channel on YT. This prof talks about all sorts of topics, and always plays devil's advocate to whatever the woke kids in this Penn State University class say. The topic for this lecture is about skin cancer survival rate differences between black people and white people. Some of these kids are just so full of wokeness they can't see the forest for the trees.

True

my family is plagued with this- i had a melanoma in high school- now I am super dilligent with hats, sunscreen, long sleeves and thankfully have had no more issues, my Dad had a bad one last year that spread, and they knocked it out with immunotherapy at MD anderson. They are miracle workers and have come SO far on treatment options the past few years. prayers for speedy recovery

Wish you a speedy recovery @Dr Ray .

So far never had a problem, I have a type III / IV skin, which gives me a certain amount of protection, but still prefer the shade to the sun, and will always wear a hat, and longsleeves when I am spending time in the outdoors.

My wife is blonde and very fair skinned, and she´s had a few of these #@%& removed.

Get better @Dr Ray .

I just had 3 spots taken off a week ago myself. Definitely a serious thing, my grandfather died from Melanoma back in the 60’s when he was my age. I don’t plan to repeat the process.

A speedy and complete recovery Dr. Ray, my father passed away from melanoma and I had one removed 3 years ago. A mole I had all my life turned bad. I get checked twice a year. Thanks for bringing this up.

A speedy and complete recovery Dr. Ray, my father passed away from melanoma and I had one removed 3 years ago. A mole I had all my life turned bad. I get checked twice a year. Thanks for bringing this up.

Thank you

I had my first melanoma surgery at 34, I had my second surgery and treatment at 36, I had my 3rd surgery last summer the day after I got back from my trip to Zim.

I feel like I am running a marathon through a minefield, but at least I am still running!

Get well soon and make damn sure you stay ahead of that nasty crap.

I too have had 4 BCC removed from my face & arm & have to have another, either burnt , frozen or cut out of my left ear this week . A life time in the sun in a country that was meant to be inhabited by dark skin people , i am now paying the price of being young & stupid with little sun protection.

My father, who was fair skinned, had a number of frozen nitrogen treatments for melanomas and eventually passed away at 90, after being in dementia care for the best part of eight years.
His father was still physically active into his eighties, having been a key figure in the construction of Shantytown, South of Greymouth. One day, however, he was found walking out towards the local galloping track, across the Grey river, by someone who knew him. He was clearly disoriented and was taken to the local hospital. It was found that he had a melanoma which had gotten into his brain! A few weeks later, ‘Johnny’ was dead.

None of us are indestructible. Doctors can, like the rest of us, make mistakes but they seem to have melanoma diagnosis fairly well sorted. We need to visit our doctors at least once a year.

Dr Ray and I live in skin cancer Central (North Queensland, Australia) and the message is always promoted to take care and be aware. Some folk are more susceptible, as the good Doc will tell us; get well, Mate.

Dr Ray and I live in skin cancer Central (North Queensland, Australia) and the message is always promoted to take care and be aware. Some folk are more susceptible, as the good Doc will tell us; get well, Mate.

Image1681100594.756474.jpg

Update as of Monday 10th April
No infection

I too have had 4 BCC removed from my face & arm & have to have another, either burnt , frozen or cut out of my left ear this week . A life time in the sun in a country that was meant to be inhabited by dark skin people , i am now paying the price of being young & stupid with little sun protection.
@rdog
Us black fellas get them to mate. I've had a few cut out and 100s nitroed off. Shit that liquid nitrogen hurts like a bitch.
Bob

@rdog
Us black fellas get them to mate. I've had a few cut out and 100s nitroed off. Shit that liquid nitrogen hurts like a bitch.
Bob
I don’t mind the nitrogen as much as the knife,
being a boat captain for 35+ years, biannual nitrogen is usual
the knife to the nose bothered me a lot
SPF clothing, sumbraro hat , 50 spf lotion is a mandatory

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,