Sitting at the airport waiting to leave on my first Safari

Matt Perchick

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I'm sitting at the airport in Saint Louis awaiting my flight to Atlanta. This is my first safari and to say in excited seems to be an understatement of my true feelings. I can't wait to get to Africa and am trying to block out the thoughts of the dreaded flight from Atlanta to Johannesburg. I look forward to meeting up with Marius @KMG Hunting Safaris in Port Elizabeth. I know I'm going to have a phenomenal time. I know, I know : Write a hunt report!!!!!! Don't fret, I will keep a journal and do a write up upon completion of my adventure. If you guys are nice, I might even give some updates along the way. As for photos........ that might have to wait till I return home and can get the wife to help me out with attachments. :D

Wishing you an incredible first!

Good luck Matt. Have a great time. Marius and his team will do right by you.

Go ahead and set your watch forward 7 hours and try to sleep/act like it's that time. Drink lots of water on the plane...it really helps with jet lag. Don't fart until the plane is in the air and the circulation system is working. Drink a glass of wine or beer and try and sleep. Have fun. Repeat as needed.

Go ahead and set your watch forward 7 hours and try to sleep/act like it's that time. Drink lots of water on the plane...it really helps with jet lag. Don't fart until the plane is in the air and the circulation system is working. Drink a glass of wine or beer and try and sleep. Have fun. Repeat as needed.
Appreciate the advice

Reactions: TOM
Good luck and enjoy every second of your time there!

Good luck, I am about 5 weeks behind you!!!

You are going to have the time of your life.
Enjoy your hunting experience
If you have time one the back end. Try a tour maybe the Garden Route to Cape Town.

I just got home from the airport. Had a fantastic trip with Marius and his team. To say that your going to have a good time is definitely an understatement. Report of my trip is soon to come. I have to spend a day or 2 to rest up from the long days of hunting.... Have a great trip you will enjoy yourself for sure.

Good luck and shoot straight

I enjoyed the long nap and catching up on movies I had heard of but never saw. It's all part of the adventure!

Have a great trip!

Take pictures and make memories--soak it all in!!

Well by now you should be out over the Atlantic........and the long flight sucks......but soon enough you'll find out why it's worth it. Have a great hunt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go789click

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois