Silk Purse out of a... Cougar's ear?

you shouldn't jump to conclusions , hank
just because her name is Cecilia, .......:whistle::whistle:

you shouldn't jump to conclusions , hank
just because her name is Cecilia, .......:whistle::whistle:
Are her shots up to date? Has she visited the dentist recently?

her last shot was 57 weeks ago , or near enough , when we last were together , her teeth were in excellent condition , in fact she liked to show them to me often ....
after that she went all salty for a few weeks..
then she got herself gently massaged and deep tanned , before being put back into shape ,and made up possibly more bueatifull than ever before in her seven years .by then her window of opportunity was slammed shut right in her face .......
since then she has boxed all her emotions and sits in a corner in a dark place , paitently waiting ,her last journey ,home

her last shot was 57 weeks ago , or near enough , when we last were together , her teeth were in excellent condition , in fact she liked to show them to me often ....
then she got herself gently massaged and deep tanned , before being put back into shape ,and made up possibly more bueatifull than ever before in her seven years .by then her window of opportunity was slammed shut right in her face .......
since then she has boxed all her emotions and sits in a corner in a dark place , paitently waiting ,her last journey ,home

Sounds like a very high end spa. You clearly have babied her; I'd feel terrible taking her after all that TLC. Besides, I wouldn't have a clue what to make of a woman who sits patiently waiting. Or patiently anything for that matter. She's a jewel!

ha ha ha , yup definitely a keeper .......
l couldn't ever let her go , mate
and they will get sick of me sooner or later and then she will be home .

Hank I think your taxidermist did a very nice job. The mount looks very nice.

Thanks CA. I'm very pleased we were able to save it, let alone get something this nice.

About 4 years ago, I shot a leopard and hyena on a hunt in Zimbabwe (Matetsi, Unit 2). It took about two years for the trophies to arrive - dipped and packed - which is not really unusual for Zimbabwe. When these, among others, arrived, my taxidermist quickly identified that the leopard and hyena skins had not been properly prepared, and much of the skins was rotted. In particular, both animals had effectively lost their ears, and most of the leopard was unusable.

I asked my taxidermist to see what was possible, and to do his best. It took some time, but the taxidermist managed to put together two head mounts, on one small pedestal. Both animals' ears were re-built using skin from cougars, and the leopard neck and what little there is of his chest is from the back of the body.

View attachment 47100

While I was quite disappointed not to get the full mount leopard I was intending, I ended up with far more than I thought possible given the state of the skins. And, of course, it means I have to go back for the full mount.
@Hank2211
Looks like your taxidermist did an amazing you salvaging what he could, the look amazing to me.
Bob

I assume you are being facetious Wheels . . . but I have to say, I've often thought about having a place in Africa! My wife, though, has never had thoughts like that, so I guess it will stay nothing more than that for now.
@Hank2211
Easy fixed mate .
Get a wife that thinks you need a place in Africa
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.