Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SA wingshooters, GOSA,
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Botswana
Straight from their website:

"Tipped a synthetic tip integrated into the bullet design to improve ballistic coefficient(BC) /aerodynamics and providing expansion characteristics. Used in the MatchKing (TMK) line providing uniform expansion to allow the bullets to be used in varmint hunting and downrange velocity retention".

Glad you see Sierra have paid attention to their clientele. Itching to get my hands on the 155gr TMK's to try em out.

Anyone with any first hand experience with these on yotes and the like?

Not shot them at quarry but they are very accurate to silly distances with my 7x64

I’ve shot Boar and Roe deer with 165gr ones in 308Win. Very accurate and stay together much better than GMKs.

Very accurate in my 7mm stw 165 gr and seem to hold together same as original game king in my opinion. It did take me awhile to figure out the seating depth-first time I’ve used Norma mrp powder with very good results

I’ve shot Boar and Roe deer with 165gr ones in 308Win. Very accurate and stay together much better than GMKs.

I missread the OP. I’ve used TGK not TMK.

Cheers all. Think I'm going to give them a try, even if they are a bit costly.

Have been testing the new game changer in a 28 Nosler, 165 grain bullet
Accuracy good
Tested in water, weighed up 40 percent 16" penetration
Tested, elk leg bone and water, completely came apart with less than 8" penetration
Accuracy testing to 400 yards
Water testing 30 yards

Both the tipped match kings (TMK) and tipped game kings (TGK Or Gamechangers) are very accurate in my 30-06. The TMK is not a close range bullet IMO but performs very well at longer distances on appropriately sized game (up to 120kg). The Gamechanger is a much tougher bullet and I’ve used it successfully on Zebra, Black Wildebeest, Blue Wildebeest and smaller antelope.

Both the tipped match kings (TMK) and tipped game kings (TGK Or Gamechangers) are very accurate in my 30-06. The TMK is not a close range bullet IMO but performs very well at longer distances on appropriately sized game (up to 120kg). The Gamechanger is a much tougher bullet and I’ve used it successfully on Zebra, Black Wildebeest, Blue Wildebeest and smaller antelope.

What bullet weight in the 06 were you using?
Do you know the muzzle velocity?

I tried the 165 TGKs (Gamechangers) in a 28 Nosler. Couldn't get the accuracy up to snuff with Bergers but good enough for medium to large game at reasonable distances.

What bullet weight in the 06 were you using?
Do you know the muzzle velocity?

165gr Gamechangers and 168gr Tipped Matchkings. Both running at around 2950fos.
I was pleasantly surprised by the Gamechangers - not bonded but the jacket is relatively thick and the lead alloy a bit harder than normal Gamekings apparently.

165gr Gamechangers and 168gr Tipped Matchkings. Both running at around 2950fos.
I was pleasantly surprised by the Gamechangers - not bonded but the jacket is relatively thick and the lead alloy a bit harder than normal Gamekings apparently.

Did you hit any heavy bone with your shots? Shoulder etc
I was impressed with the sierra until the elk leg bone test. Looked like a varmint bullet in that test
I plan to maybe take the 28 to Alaska for Caribou next year, and testing bullets and loads for that hunt

Did you hit any heavy bone with your shots? Shoulder etc
I was impressed with the sierra until the elk leg bone test. Looked like a varmint bullet in that test
I plan to maybe take the 28 to Alaska for Caribou next year, and testing bullets and loads for that hunt

Yes, both Zebra’s on the shoulder. Shots were all between 180m and 300m so no impact velocity greater than around 2600fps. I think you might have issues with impact velocities > 2900fps.

Yes, both Zebra’s on the shoulder. Shots were all between 180m and 300m so no impact velocity greater than around 2600fps. I think you might have issues with impact velocities > 2900fps.

Thanks for the information
I agree the 28 might be pushing it a little to fast

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShanonBurc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.